To help our customers do their work better, faster, safer, and more cost-effectively by bringing the most innovative, highest-quality portable machining, welding, and testing tools right to the job!
Deliver an outrageously good customer experience - every interaction, everywhere, every time!
Have fun doing it!
Core Competencies for All Employees:
Honesty, Integrity & Ethical Behavior; Teamwork; Ownership, Accountability & Results-Orientation; Customer Focus; Safety, Quality & Continuous Improvement Focus; Global Perspective; Innovative Spirit; Adaptive & Resilient.
Managerial Competencies (In addition to the above):
Performance Management & Developing Others; Strategic Vision & Change Agency; Business Acumen; Organizational Excellence
This role entails working directly with the Sales Team as well as our customers to define, design, test and launch new Portable machining, Valve testing and Welding tools around the world. These products may be added to our portfolio of standard products or for a specific customer custom application. This person must be able to work with a cross functional team in a Stage based product development environment ensuring the product meets the performance requirements through innovation as well as supporting the budget and releasing to the global markets on schedule. Team communication is key to success and the ability to react and pivot to ever changing market demands is critically important to meeting market expectations.
- Quickly & Effectively model concepts and detailed designs using CAD software; (Autodesk Inventor preferred).
- Define, Design and estimate a new product cost using existing and new components for a specific customer application.
- Layout and design complete assemblies to support customer quotes & product development activities.
- Able to effectively use engineering analysis tools on complex problems to predict quality functional designs that meet agreed upon requirements.
- Generate prints per ASME Y14.5-2009 standards with effective use of GD&T.
- Possess strong verbal, written and cross functional communications skills.
- Offer creative and innovative suggestions for solutions to problems while supporting product definition requirements.
- Work well with customers-effectively understanding their end product performance needs and define a clear cross functional specification.
- Work proactively with manufacturing to ensure customer expectations are exceeded through Stage gate product development processes, resulting in a robust manufacturable design.
- Capable of managing several projects at once, requiring strong time management skills.
- Ability to dig into root cause of problems or cost reduction opportunities for quality solutions.
- Provides direction to machine designer/drafter.
- Provides engineering-based project management-cross functional leadership.
- Provides overall systems solution focus.
- Integrates with the customer (voice of customer) to understand complete application/needs.
- Effectively considers implications of machine configuration on system/operator safety.
- Tracks cost, schedule and quality of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Completes final product testing/demonstrations.
- Manages product configurations.
- Works with Program Management to ensure prototype and pre-production processes.
- Performs product R&D testing, analysis and provides inputs/recommendations.
- Prepares special project quotations as required.
- Performs product training on-site or at a global Climax facility.
- Verifies ISO 9001 based quality of final customer solution and coworkers prints/models.
- Presents solutions to Marketing, Customers and Sales.
- Generates product Bills of Materials.
- Leads and defines machine specifications.
- Understands and abides by sound design for manufacturability principles.
- Applies lean principles to work flow/project management for process improvements.
- Establish partnerships with major and key accounts within business.
- Ability to work with project management on very complex, multimillion dollar machining solutions projects.
- Possesses "bottom line' results orientation for both customer value focus and internal within Climax.
- Provides assistance, input, supervision and management of resources on projects and mentoring of design and systems engineers.
- Performs detailed research and design.
- Presents and prepares business case for product development.
- Full indirect supervisory responsibility across multiple functions and suppliers for projects.
- Identify and define patent/IP protection opportunities.
- Mentor and teach design and systems engineers.
- Ability to effectively conduct product and system risk assessments.
- Handles stress in a professional manner, demonstrates the ability to get along with others, demonstrates successful attendance and punctuality, and works overtime / extra hours as required to meet business needs.
- Travel to gather critical information to meet customer and business needs is required (passport needed). (Less than 15% travel, primarily domestic, international travel required on occasion.)
- Other duties as required.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Bachelors in Engineering; 10-15 years of related design experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proven ability to manage large projects to success.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, crouch, bend, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. Office and travel have moderate noise levels. Machine/Product demonstrations and customer visits can have loud noise levels.
Noise levels may be extreme and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided and usage is driven by customer requirements. Other required PPE includes, but is not limited to, steel toe boots, hardhat and safety glasses. Customer working environments can be extreme in regards to height, confined space, physical requirements and hazards.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.