What will be your role?
Reporting to the Automation & Controls Manager, the Automation Controls Technician will work with Project Manager to design and develop systems, install (commission), troubleshoot, repair, and program control systems for Marine HVAC (including electrical, algorithm and software design) for Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC-R) systems installed in large marine vessels. This position will also act as company “expert” in Electrical Systems during installation (commissioning), troubleshooting, repairing and programming control systems in vessels.
- Responsible for end to end testing, downloading programming, starting up, commissioning, and servicing on assigned projects.
- Wiring and building panels and performing quality checks of the panel assemblies including point to point testing.
- Provides input to the project planning process, assesses the time required for the project engineering and the detailed design tasks.
- Designs, redesigns and supports product design and development; provides technical support on projects, feasibility studies, and profitability assessments.
- Testing and trouble-shooting equipment and network HVAC systems controls, during commissioning and Factory acceptance tests Performing point-to-point commissioning of sensors and other system inputs;
- Cable routing, installation and terminating of cables on electrical equipment (refrigeration plants, chillers etc.).
- Supports Field Engineers during start-up and commissioning.
- Update AutoCAD control panel drawing and wiring diagrams under the supervision of the Automation & Controls Manager.
- Reading and interpreting control sequence logic from control philosophy documents.
- Verifying electrical and PLC and touchscreen programming during the equipment development phase and update PLC Programs as needed.
- Checking the calibration of system sensors and transmitters.
- Filling out commissioning documentation.
- Works closely with other teams such as Refrigeration and/or HVAC projects teams to design and integrate appropriate controls.
- Coordinates with Automation Controls Manager to precisely understand requirements for all project installation, gathering materials and synchronizing on-site work.
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and maintains security and accountability of company issued and procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions.
Which candidate profile are we looking for?
- 10 years of experience in HVAC/Controls; or equivalent combination of education (Technical School).
- Instrumentation & Automation College Degree (or equivalent experience)
- Experience with various PLC and Industrial controls systems
- Familiar with PLC programming and implementation (Siemens Step 7 and Logo Controller, Beijer)
- Autonomous with strong root cause analysis and troubleshooting skills in automation
- Is familiar with HVAC Systems
- Ability to learn quickly and to cope with changes
- Experience in drawing panel layouts in AutoCAD Electric (or other software) – an asset
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft software
- Bilingual, with excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 20%.
Why work for Bronswerk Group?
- Dynamic workplace and fast-growing international company.
- Competitive salary and benefits, group insurances and retirement program.
- Continuous professional development.
How do I apply?
If you want to work for a fast-growing international company industry leader in Marine HVAC and Refrigeration systems, look no further: email@example.com