Recognized worldwide, Global Finishing Solutions (GFS) is the leading manufacturer of paint booths and finishing systems for a wide variety of industries — including automotive collision repair, aviation, industrial manufacturing, marine, military and defense, rail and transit, trucking and wood finishing. Our strength is in custom building finishing equipment to meet the unique needs of each customer. From sales and engineering to marketing and manufacturing, this variety of work makes our jobs exciting.
About This Opportunity
Global Finishing Solutions is seeking a Structural Engineer to join our engineering team. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and supporting paint finishing systems while utilizing engineering tools and design standards. In this role, you will have an opportunity to work collaboratively with many departments such as sales, manufacturing, design, and others to meet our customers specifications.
What You Will Do
- Use computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks and adhere to engineering and design standards
- Provide drafting, sales, purchasing, manufacturing, installation, and customer service support and troubleshooting for GFS equipment
- Participate in multi-discipline product development and corrective action teams to address product cost, quality, and delivery concerns
- Provide phone and in-person job site support for install and start-up purposes for customer service and project management groups
- Address questions regarding code issues
- Perform research and development tasks to value engineer standard products and introduce new products to the market
- Improve processes and procedures to enhance the accuracy, quality, and speed of the engineer’s responsibilities
- Participates in technical reviews during all phases of the project from proposal to production release
- Analyze and propose design concepts consistent with IBC requirements
What You Have to Offer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with 0-3 years of experience
- Demonstrates good general knowledge of engineering concepts within function
- Ability to complete and process items in accordance with established guidelines
- Ability to perform duties in a timely manner and reviews work with others to ensure accuracy
- Relevant Professional Engineer preferred
What We Have to Offer
- We offer a competitive compensation package, generous incentive plan, 401k and profit sharing, health, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability.
- Development and career advancement opportunities.
- Opportunity to make your mark in a highly dynamic and growing work environment where you are empowered to make decisions and share in our company’s success.
Learn More About Us
Careers at Global Finishing Solutions
We believe that every employee ‘makes their mark’ on a company. A rapidly growing business, we are continuously seeking candidates to fill both new and vacant positions. Join us and see how you can make your mark.
To apply for the position, please go to www.gfscareers.us
GFS is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce. Veterans, women, and minorities are encouraged to apply. GFS does not discriminate based on race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender-identity or any other characteristic protected by law.