As the ‘home of unique offerings’ within SABIC, the Specialties Strategic Business Unit is focused on challenging technology endeavors that positively impact the way the world travels, communicates, works and lives. This SBU provides unique offerings such as high heat resins, functional compounds and additives, specialty fluids, nanotechnology and thermoplastics composites to industries such as Additive Manufacturing, Consumer & Industrial, Electronics, Healthcare, Mass Transportation, Automotive and Water Management.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities:
SABIC Specialties seeks high energy, goal-focused individuals who are proactive in problem solving and have the leadership and communication skills needed to help a diversified global business achieve its goals.
The process technology engineer role may:
- Identify new business opportunities within the business unit, setting the business case and translating business needs into short-, medium- and long-range technical programs, thereby contributing to process technology road map. New business opportunities can focus on reducing cost, increasing process capability, improving quality and productivity, or supporting capital projects
- Lead technology efforts to deliver scale up of new products and processes from lab to pilot scale and subsequent commercialization via manufacturing operations, using modeling and statistically-based tools to establish product and process capability
- Interface with manufacturing, quality, and commercial teams to provide technical leadership in the design and commercialization of new processes and process translations.
- Provide technical leadership to continuous improvements in processes that support existing products as well as the design and commercialization of new products.
- Provide technology support for quality/ productivity/ 2nd source raw material qualification and total cost out efforts in the business, leading quality gap analyses and proposing solutions.
SABIC Internal T&I Employees at grades 13-15 will be considered for this job. If T&I employee is selected for the role he/she will maintain his/her current grade and will be assigned work commensurate with their current grade.
External Hires and Non T&I SABIC employees will be placed on the SABIC Technical Career Ladder depending on experience level, degree and proven technical knowledge; and will be assigned work commensurate with that grade.
The site is located in Mt. Vernon, IN - just west of Evansville, IN.