Here is your chance to work on projects that have a different scope. Are you tired of mundane simple designs? Are you looking to take your skills from the 1 to 15 subdivision projects and do something bigger? Please join Atwell to learn more about incorporating some sizzle into your design. The Engineer II will support the project team by designing portions of projects and addressing engineering issues under minimal supervision. In this role, an employee will be expected to develop a moderate efficiency level within the following:
- Understand project scope.
- Work with project team members.
- Prepare engineering documents and computations.
- Utilize Atwell Product Quality Manual preparation guides.
- Research project information.
- Write reports.
- Review project survey data.
- Utilize computer and related engineering software packages to perform calculations as directed.
- Attend meetings with project team.
- Communicate with clients, municipalities, and agencies as directed.
- Prepare drawings and construction documents.
- Direct Engineer I and CAD Technicians on simple assignments.
- Modify plans as reviewed by agencies, municipalities, and clients.
- Provide construction-related services.
- Prepare permit applications, cut sheets, and quantity estimates.
- Perform construction observations.
- Ensure product quality and Atwell reputation.
- Follow Atwell Product Quality Manual and established standards.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge.
- Achieve performance objectives.
Skills & Knowledge/ Education & Experience:
- At least 5 years of design experience.]
- Utilize AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Residential Land Development experience preferred.
- Ability to independently apply fundamental engineering concepts to practical situations.
- Strong communication skills.
- BS in Civil Engineering or closely related field.
- Passed EIT exam.
- Experience in hydraulics and hydrology preferred.
- PE license preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- Civil Engineering: 2 years (Required)