- High School diploma or equivalent
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is are looking for Data Center Logistics Associate to join our rapidly expanding team. The position will help ensure overall availability and reliability to meet or exceed defined service levels of data center operations. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in procurement and / or supply chain operations. They must possesses a strong work ethic, attention to detail, the ability to multitask and operate in a very fast paced complex environment, meet deadlines, and a commitment to Operational Excellence.
The Logistics Associate reviews Data Center inventory, in-bound shipments, and ongoing demand to ensure that proper stock levels are maintained in the all locations to support build and repair activities. Working with the Logistics Manager, they create plans to optimize the flow of parts through their lifecycle; tracking inventory location, movement, age, and turns. They work closely with Data Center Operations Technicians and Data Center Engineers to fulfill parts quickly and accurately. They work with Procurement and Hardware Engineering to purchase new parts and interface directly with vendors to process RMAs and receive replacements. Regular and ongoing communications with vendors to resolve issues and help them understand our business requirements necessitates a high level communicator.
They are responsible for accurate data entry and resolving questions from peer organizations. Additionally, the Logistics Associate will ensure that all billing associated with the Inventory supply chain is accurate, validated and ready for processing. They will work with AP to reconcile invoice discrepancies. An understanding of general business accounting and finance is strongly desired.
Responsibilities can include manual tasks, such as assembling, addressing, stamping and arranging for the shipment of merchandise and materials. They may also assist in daily scheduling of deliveries and pick-ups to and from production locations. In handling incoming shipments, he or she may have to unpack boxes and verify contents. The Logistic Specialist will be required to keep precise records of all commodities going in and out of company.
Logistics Associate are expected to understand all aspects of production, adhere to strict safety standards, maintain very high quality, and be willing and able to work on powered equipment (i.e forklift or cherry picker).
Physical / Environmental Demands
- Warehouse environment where noise levels can be loud
- Requires standing, sitting, and walking for prolonged periods of time.
- Assist in loading and unloading shipments.
- Occasionally exposed to extreme cold or hot weather
- Work with and/or around moving mechanical parts
- Temperatures can vary between 60 and 90 degrees, and will occasionally exceed 90 degrees
All physical requirements are expected with reasonable accommodations
- Must be able to lift loads of up to 49 pounds and carry them for short distances
- Continuously climb and descend stairs safely (applies to sites with stairs)
- Regularly walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Reach and stretch to position equipment and fixtures while maintaining balance
- Push or pull heavy objects into position
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Be able to pass DMV Background check to operate company vehicles
Effective May 15, 2017, logical access to the AWS GovCloud region will be restricted to Amazon employees who are U.S. Citizens. (GovCloud may NOT be accessed from outside of the United States)
- 1 year of Logistics experience
- WMS/IMS proficiency
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity