Job Title: Systems Engineer II
This position is available immediately. Salary is dependent on experience and education.
KMS Solutions is seeking motivated individuals to join our Integrated program management and technical
assistance team to provide engineering and program support at the Naval Sea Systems Command, Washington
Navy Yard in Washington DC.
Candidates with an appropriate mix of education and experience are invited to apply at www.kmssol.com.
Job Overview & Responsibilities
Junior Engineers perform research as directed by senior colleagues in support of economical solutions to
technical problems based on principles of science and mathematics, specifically the physics, operations, and
combat systems involved in Undersea Warfare.
The Junior Engineer participates in analysis of USW advancements to help senior colleagues recommend the
suitability of advancements to IWS 5.0 regarding operational gaps which may be addressed by advancements in
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential
- Perform technical and administrative analysis of information systems.
- Perform risk analysis of information system vulnerabilities.
- Advise on information security matters related to system development and operations.
- Report results of analyses.
- Ensure appropriate security posture is maintained for an information systems.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Scientific, or Technical Discipline.
- Interim SECRET DoD security clearance.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Scientific, or Technical Discipline.
- 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience to include technology maturity, development, testing, integration, testing, and transition to
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Visio.
- Familiarity with technical terms and descriptions related to information systems and information
- Communication proficiency.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change
at any time with or without notice.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such
as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Excellent listening skills
are essential. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach
with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
The typical workday is eight hours in length. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, with concurrence from the
supervisor. The employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and
must account for the hours in a pay period to maintain full-time status.
Up to 5% travel may be required.
KMS Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national
origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or
any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion,
termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
KMS Solutions, LLC, is dedicated to providing high quality consulting and technical services to commercial and
Government clients. Our principals are experienced in and dedicated to serving the needs of US Government
related activities. Specific market areas include the US Navy, the US Intelligence Community, the Department of
Defense and its C4ISR programs, and other Federal technology and human capital management related activities.
Our employees are located in the continental United States and globally deployed supporting decision makers at
the highest levels of industry and the federal government with systems engineering, human capital development,
and advisory & assistance professional services.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per year
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Only full-time employees eligible