Growing, Washington, DC based structural firm seeks innovative, creative individuals to join our team. In this position you are an integral part of project teams, to develop innovative solutions for unique challenges. If you are a great team player, you will fit right in.
We work on both new and existing buildings and other types of structures across various engineering market sectors including commercial; multifamily; hospitality; institutional; historic; education; and single family projects. Assignments generally include review of applicable codes, performing structural analysis, developing construction documents, performing construction administration activities, and 'thinking outside the box'.
As part of our team, the office leaders take an active role in the growth and development of each person and strives to create a collaborative environment with a creative and hands on approach, combining 'old school' practices with the newest, available technology.
Qualifications we seek include the following.
- MS or BS Degree in Civil / Structural / Architectural Engineering
- Creative thinker
- Highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of building codes, design & construction techniques for a variety of material types including reinforced concrete, structural steel, masonry, and wood design.
- Familiarity with structural analysis software
- Planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Required)