System Field Engineer is responsible for implementing new technology to obtain client's business objectives.
Compensation and Benefits
- Latest technology tools: IT Management, Knowledgebase, Professional Service Automation, cellphone, laptop, and two screens
- Latest technical training: expert led events and on demand, certification reimbursement
- Medical & Dental Insurance 75% of family premium covered
- 401K w/ 4% match
- 2 Weeks PTO plus Paid Holidays
Thriveon is Minnesota’s leading IT Success provider, locally owned and operated since it’s founding in 2002. Thriveon offers a clearly differentiated managed IT service that delivers results not otherwise available in the Minnesota market. Thriveon is poised to grow 5x over the next 8 years, from the current team of 25 people. Thriveon’s mission is to empower people to create business success with information and technology. Focusing on manufacturing and professional services businesses with 20-200 staff members in and around the Minnesota geographic area. The management at Thriveon believe its people are its most important asset and is focused on developing a rewarding career plan for team members, creating an environment for them to grow and thrive. The culture is a results oriented close-knit family. Work environment is hybrid in-office and remote as the work allows.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete 90%+ of assigned projects on time and within budget.
- Review project plans for full understanding and assemble needed documentation so you can attain a positive client experience 95%+ of the time.
- Follow project workplans performing work within scope, identify and submit scope change requests to project coordinator for client approval to meet 130 billable hours per month.
- Document your time in real-time within each step and update documentation portal to accurately reflect changes made throughout the project.
- Update workplan templates with newly learned steps or links to technical how to articles you built in the documentation portal.
- Implement remotely, onsite, and after hours as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date Time Entries and Expenses for billing and accounting purposes.
- Participate in daily huddles and weekly meetings
- Complete 1 hour of continuing education per week to improve job skills.
- Exemplifies Thriveon Core Values: Humble, Helpful, Ambitious, Coachable and Curious.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within relevant IT field.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information sciences, or related field preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft servers, Office 365, Azure and VMware environments.
- Experience with server and network infrastructure
- Experience with PowerShell scripting.
- Knowledge of small to mid-size business IT systems.
- Detailed oriented with strong documentation skills.
- Effectively communicate in a non-technical way to clients.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations