At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
U.S. Bank is seeking a Pegasystems PRPC Developer with design and development experience to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives. This development position is part of US Bank's Integrated Card Systems (ICS) team. ICS is responsible for developing and maintaining the core credit card processing system as well as the entire suite of systems needed to support the Retail Payments business line at US Bank. This position will focus on the credit card accounts collections system.
As part of an agile team, the primary responsibility will be to work as a member of an agile team to transform features into system functionality. This role participates in technical design, PRPC coding, testing, implementation, and documentation of technology solutions on the Pega BPM platform. An additional responsibility will be to ensure application stability through continual monitoring, tuning, and making performance improvements in the production environment.
- Responsible for designing, testing, developing, operating and maintaining products, sometimes under the guidance of principal engineers.
- Consistently writes production-ready code that is easily testable, easily understood by other developers and accounts for edge cases and errors.
- Understands and knows when to use different data structures.
- Consistently creates reasonable sized code reviews that contain descriptions of changes and testing conducted. Assesses other code reviews with the lens of quality and value - code quality, acceptance criteria, business logic, test coverage and aligned to overall architecture. Highlights any issues with a code review that might result in release complications. Proactive in evaluating code reviews in the team and resolving open code reviews in a timely manner.
- Understands their team's testing approach and uses quality metrics to identify gaps. Works with their team to recommend solutions that are in accordance with accepted testing frameworks and the testing pyramid.
- Actively participates and understands Scrum while developing a point of view on an effective software delivery process.
- Reviews tasks critically and ensures they are appropriately prioritized and sized for continuous integration and incremental delivery. Anticipates and communicates blockers, delays before they require escalation.
- Creates project proposals and designs that have considerable impact or touch multiple systems. Technical designs are clear, well thought out, and considers dependencies, failure states, maintainability, testability and ease of support.
- Keeps business context in mind when proposing architectural decisions. Also considers scalability, reliability and performance of systems/contexts affected when defining technical designs.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Three to five years of relevant experience
- Preferred 4+ years of experience with Pegasystems PRPC v6.x/v7 IDE and supporting frameworks (CPM; Collections)
- Pega certified senior system architect (CSSA) or higher strongly preferred
- Object-oriented programming background (java or .NET)
- IBM WebSphere admin and tuning
- XML and Schema definitions
- Web Services / WSDL / SOAP / JMS, preferably via Tibco middleware
- Database connectivity, preferably exposure to IBM UDB 10.X
- Experience with computer / telephony integration including IVR, Screen-Pop and soft phone
- Exposure to working in Agile (SAFe) methodology or other agile methodology
- Demonstrated experience in developing and integrating complex software solutions in the financial services industry, credit card and collections system experience a plus
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers .
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program .
Salary range reflected is an estimate of base pay and is for the primary location. Base pay range may vary if an offer is made for work in a different location. Pay Range: $86,360.00 - $101,600.00 - $111,760.00