$29.01 - $48.45 Hourly
$60,351 - $100,786 Annually
This position is a Pay Band IF
Purpose of Position
THIS POSTING WILL BE USED TO CONDUCT ONGOING RECRUITMENT AND WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED.
Why does the job exist?
This position ensures successful support, management, and operation of enterprise MS SQL/MySQL database systems associated with meeting the ECECD needs. A primary goal for these systems is responsiveness to the expectations of those populations and management with the resources necessary to optimize acquisition, storage, retrieval, protection, and use of the information.
The incumbent¿s main duties will include providing statewide system support, maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting for the various MS SQL/MySQL database system for all users and providers; providing technical support and upgrade installation; coordinating among ECECD users, providers and ECECD Information Technology Division (ITD). This position will work directly with Program sand ITD staff and management and with NM Department of Information Technology (DoIT) technical staff. The incumbent will be expected to ensure optimal availability and utilization of system resources and output, while working cooperatively with other ITD staff and program areas within ECECD. They will act as a primary consultant on assigned systems and participate in understanding of other ECECD systems in a secondary capacity, by overseeing servers, implementing and administering databases, evaluating and recommending technology solutions, monitoring and optimizing daily system performance, while adhering to ECECD technology standards.
How does it get done?
1. Install and configure new Microsoft SQL Server instances, including AlwaysOn availability groups and failover clustering.
2. Review, analyze, and evaluate business systems and user needs by facilitating brainstorming sessions with Federal Govt stakeholders.
3. Highly skilled at database design, installations, conversions Responsible for database backup and recovery procedures, access security and database integrity, physical data storage design and data storage management.
4. Participates in Database Management System selection and maintains database performance ¿ Engage in ongoing process improvement
5. Experienced in Database Performance, Maintenance and Development to perform the following: ¿ Database management including backups, recovery and maintenance ¿ Database management for export, import and mass data loads ¿ Analyzes and generation of all tables and index statistics ¿ Monitoring and resolving data lock issues ¿ Check all statistics related to memory, locks, I/O, database response time, wait events, top sessions and background processes ¿ On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP) to capture, validate and store large amounts of transactions ¿ Create indexes to achieve critical dataset response time for time sensitive reports.
6. Install SQL Server service packs and updates.
7. Configure and manage SQL Security settings.
8. Make system design recommendations according to Microsoft SQL Server best practices.
9. Manage database backup & recovery & DR planning in collaboration with IT manager and System Engineer.
10. Create, modify, and optimize SQL Server Agent jobs and maintenance plans.
11. Proactively monitor SQL Server maintenance tasks, troubleshoot failed jobs and resolve issues in a timely manner.
Who are the customers?
The position will provide support to all users within the Early Childhood Education and Care Department (ECECD) and the associated offices throughout the State of NM.
No job description available
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS), Information Technology, Engineering or similar technical degree and four (4) years of experience in data analysis, design, storage and security. Substitutions Apply. See Substitution Table below.
These combinations of education and experience qualify you for the position:
Education Experience Education Experience
1 High School Diploma or Equivalent AND 8 years of experience OR High School Diploma or Equivalent AND 8 years of experience
2 Associate's degree in the field(s) specified in the minimum qualification AND 6 years of experience Associate's degree or higher in any field AND 8 years of experience
3 Bachelor's degree in the field(s) specified in the minimum qualification AND 4 years of experience
4 Master's degree in the field(s) specified in the minimum qualification AND 2 years of experience
5 PhD degree in the field(s) specified in the minimum qualification AND 0 years of experience
- Education and years of experience must be related to the purpose of the position.
- If Minimum Qualification requires a specific number of "semester hours" in a field (e.g. 6 semester hours in Accounting), applicants MUST have those semester hours in order to meet the minimum qualifications. No substitutions apply for semester hours.
Must possess and maintain a valid Driver's License. Pre-employment background investigation is required and is conditional pending results.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to Visual/Video Display Terminal (VDT) and extensive personal computer and phone usage. Some sitting, standing, bending, and reaching may be required. Direct client interaction and some travel may be required.
Do you know what Total Compensation is? Click here
Agency Contact Information:
Sandeep Patel, (505) 660-8758 or by Email
For information on Statutory Requirements for this position, click the Classification Description link on the job advertisement.
Bargaining Unit Position
This position is not covered by a collective bargaining agreement.