PURPOSE OF POSITION: To act as an engineer as well as manage a product design team of 3 to 6 engineers, designers, and CAD operators. Provide leadership, direction and training for your team and engage in centrifugal slurry pump product design and development, including research projects, custom pump orders and standard products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide management and professional development support to team members.
- Learns and uses both standard and in-house design methods and computer aided design tools and provides training for team members on same as needed.
- Performs mechanical pump design and directs other engineers in same.
- Performs hydraulic pump design and trains other engineers in same.
- Interfaces with counterparts in Sales, Manufacturing, Quality Control, Sourcing, and Materials Management to develop product specifications and to insure that locally and globally produced product requirements are met.
- Supervises engineers and designers engaged in design layouts, detailed parts drawings and assembly drawings and insures the integrity of those drawings.
- Prioritizes multiple projects and requests for engineering support. Sets project schedules and provides the leadership and direction needed to meet product development goals.
- Mechanical pump design and engineering calculations.
- Design Layouts, working drawings and assembly drawings.
- Materials selection, stress analyses, FEA analyses and wear analyses.
- Technical documentation.
- Manufacturing and QC support. Non-conformance resolution.
- BOM development and Engineering Database upkeep.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
EDUCATION: Four year degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: Four years of centrifugal pump design experience or eight years of related, non-pump experience. Skilled in mechanical design, stress analysis, drawing practice and Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing. Adept with spreadsheet and project management software. Understands 3D CAD and FEA modeling. Proficient in the use of SAP or similar ERP system. Employee management experience is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans [or Vets]
Job Type: Full-time