Marine & Mainland Hydraulics is a leading provider of hydraulic solutions in the southeast. For over 25 years, we have helped our customers meet their deadlines on time and within budget. With an in house Reliability Engineer for Quality Assurance, we are dedicated to provide the most comprehensive, economical and superior solutions to our customer’s hydraulic needs. Marine & Mainland Hydraulic Services is a premier hydraulic remanufacturing source with a focus on rehabilitation of existing systems and individual components.
The Hydraulic Service Technician will perform troubleshooting, disassembly, assembly and test operations of new and/or used equipment, follow engineering drawings, parts specifications,assembly procedures and/or verbal instructions in multiple industrial and marine settings.
In addition, you will:
· Comply with all safety, health,environmental, and quality Management System requirements, policies, and procedures relevant to the position
· Ensure the promotion of awareness of customer requirements in respective areas of responsibility and/or location and monitor customer satisfaction
· Prepare and submit written reports after each service job to the customer
· Follow customer service orders as dispatched from Service Manager
· Maintain company vehicle with necessary tools and equipment to perform service jobs
· Provide input and assistance to other functional areas throughout assigned facility and/or region in order to improve processes and customer satisfaction levels
· High School Diploma / GED
· Minimum of 4 years of experience working with industry related equipment
· Ability and willingness to be available to work on-call 24/7
· Ability and willingness to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)- Hearing and eye protection (safety equipment), as required
· Additional Eligibility Qualifications
MMHS will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
· Working knowledge of Hydraulic and Mechanical Equipment
· Ability to perform highly complex trouble shooting and repair of equipment
· Ability and willingness to read and correctly interpret prints / drawings and specifications and complete assembly and test safety and quality documentation
· Documentation and Record Keeping ability
· Knowledge of Customer Service Best Practices
· Basic computer skills
· Basic language skills
· Intermediate reasoning ability
Job Type: Full-time