Von Maur was founded in 1872 with two simple goals – provide a wide selection of quality merchandise and establish excellent customer service principles by treating every customer like family. Since then, Von Maur has deliberately and steadily grown and expanded the variety of services offered to our customers. Our wide range of customer services include free delivery, complimentary gift wrapping, no questions asked customer return policy, alterations, and an interest free charge card. Today, 35 Von Maur stores are scattered across 15 states: Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma and Wisconsin; and we’re still expanding. Our corporate headquarters and e-commerce facility are located in Davenport, Iowa.
The integrity and values that have pleased our customers for generations also make Von Maur a wonderful place to work. We value the diversity of our employees and each associate contributes in a unique way to our customer’s experience. Von Maur employees are friendly and have a passion for customer service. Being a part of our team requires dedication, enthusiasm and flexibility. Associates are empowered to make decisions, acting in the best interest of the customer.
Our company culture is characterized by a promote from within philosophy. We hire people with the intent to promote them as far as their ability and ambition will take them.
Von Maur provides high quality jobs with excellent benefit packages that have a positive impact on the health, happiness and future of our associates and their families.
An i Series Software Engineer designs, codes, tests and implements new computer programs and applications using one or more of the following technologies; RPG/400, RPG IV, ILE, CL, SQL and others as warranted by the application. Primary job responsibilities of an i Series Software Engineer include the following:
- Responsible for the full Software Development Life Cycle. Including meeting with users, obtaining requirements, designing systems, coding, source control, creating and executing test plans, deployment and quality assurance.
- Maintains all existing computer programs. Locates errors in programs, redesigns and recodes programs accordingly, and tests revised programs.
- Documents all new and revised programs adequately.
- Monitors and maintains voice/data communications network. Identifies sources of problems, and develops and implements solutions.
- Provides necessary software support for end users when possible. Trains new users, and answers questions or solves problems as needed.