- Current, active US Government Security Clearance at the Top Secret level
- Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field
- 1+ years of Experience with Systems administration in Linux/Unix (Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat, Solaris, etc)
- 1+ years of Experience with Networking (TCP/IP, DNS)
- 1+ years of Experience with Troubleshooting / Support experience
- Open to working shifts, including overnight shifts
Do you enjoy helping U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success? Are you familiar with security best practices for applications, servers, and networks? Do you want to be part of a customer facing technology team helping to ensure the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology platform?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who align with our Leadership Principles and possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills. Amazon.com has built a reputation of excellence in Web-related technologies and services. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is now in the Metro DC area. We are carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. With Amazon Web Services you have the chance to join the team as they help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into the Cloud.
What can you expect from a life in the Amazon Cloud? You will be surrounded by people that are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
- Learn and use groundbreaking technologies
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs
- Interact with leading technologists around the world
- Work directly with Amazon Web Service architects to help reproduce and resolve customer issues
- Leverage your extensive customer support experience to provide feedback to internal AWS teams on how to improve our services
- Drive customer communication during critical events
- Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers’ technical support experience
- Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the developer community
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS services
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer focus
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Self-starter who is excited about technology
- Exposure to Virtualization (VMware, Xen, Hypervisor)
- Exposure to Cloud computing
- Exposure to security concepts / best practices
- Expertise with IPsec, VPN, Load Balancing, Iperf, MTR, Routing Protocols, SSH, Network Monitoring / Troubleshooting tools
- Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
What if I’m not an expert in all the preferred qualifications listed on the job description?
That’s okay. That’s our preferred list, not a required listed. We hire smart people who can dive deep so we’re more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven’t been exposed to yet.
Amazon Web Services is hiring. For more information please visit:
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.