Open Systems Integrators is a leading provider of Integrated Technology Solutions. Our disciplines consist of specialization in the design, engineering, installation, and maintenance of Security, Communication and Life Safety low-voltage systems.
Job Title: Integrated Security Systems Engineer:
Currently, our NJ office is seeking an experienced “Security Systems Engineer” with in-depth knowledge of video, access control, and intrusion systems.
Job Summary: The primary purpose for this position requires requisite knowledge to engineer and design Integrated Security Systems inclusive of but not be limited to networked Access Control, IP Video Solutions, Electronic Locks, Network Switches along with related hardware.
As a key member of our Security System Group, this person must be self-motivated in addition to having an energetic personality who can work well with others and function fluently in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
- Work closely with sales personnel during pre & post sales cycles.
- Work together with project manager(s) to avoid delays and meet project deadlines.
- Engineer and design complex Low-voltage Security Systems in accordance with industry standards to ensure that they will function properly combined with meeting applicable code regulations.
- Dependent on the unique requirements of any given project, develop in-house scope of work documents which may consist of installer installation packs, point to point cabling drawings in addition to field and cabinet termination diagrams.
- When required, prepare technical submittals and close-out documentation.
- Educational or relevant experience requirements as follows:
1.) A BS Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering is strongly preferred, but overall applicable years of experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
2.) An Associate in Applied Science Degree with a concentration in Security System Technology is a minimum benchmark, but overall applicable years of experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
- Working knowledge of LAN
- Ability to be detail-oriented in a multi-task environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both co-workers and clients
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and overall computer use – familiarity with CAD is a plus
- Equipment certification from one or more of the following manufacturers is an optimal preference: Lenel | S2, Feenics, Exacq, Milestone, Avigilon, Bosch.
Corporate Philosophy: Open Systems Integrators is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities. All qualified applicants who possess the minimum qualifications will be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
- Security system engineering: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative