We are seeking an experienced and energetic Acoustic Technician to support our Acoustic Team in our Ennis, TX facility.
Ideal candidates will have excellent communication skills, intermediate knowledge of acoustic skills to assist in the design, development, integration, and testing of audio and acoustic products . Candidates must also be self-motivated, able to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Assist Engineers with design, development, integration, and testing of prototype parts and systems.
- Assist Engineers with assembly and wiring of prototype parts and systems.
- Set up and execution of acoustic tests.
- Design documentation and test report creation.
- Shipping and receiving of prototype parts and systems.
- Keep acoustic lab and engineering storage areas neat and orderly.
- Procure supplies and equipment as needed.
- Create and submit requests for test baffles, enclosures, and other necessary custom-made acoustic test equipment.
- Continuous process and product improvement.
- Intermediate experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and Outlook).
- Ability to learn MiTek’s internal systems and other programs as needed.
- Understanding and experience with acoustic test and simulation systems (MLSSA, LEAP, LMS, EASERA, Klippel, SoundCheck, TEF, DATS, BassBox Pro, Clio, Audio Precision, etc.).
- Experience using Audio Precision, Klippel, and/or Clio is a plus.
- Experience using SolidWorks and SolidWorks PDM is a plus.
- Basic understanding of audio and acoustic principles.
- Basic understanding of how speakers and audio systems work.
- Basic critical listening skills.
- Familiarity with electro acoustic test equipment like signal generators, multimeters, oscilloscopes, audio analyzers, power supplies, electronic loads, power analyzers, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Experience with calibrated measuring devices including vernier calipers, micrometers, and electronic multimeters.
- Hands-on skills with hand and power tools and soldering equipment.
- Continuous Improvement and/or Lean Six Sigma experience is a plus.
- Experience working in a lab and/or manufacturing environment is a plus.
Bachelors or Associates in Engineering or Engineering Technology or Non-Engineering Bachelors, Associates, or High School with applicable audio/acoustics experience
None with Bachelor’s in Engineering or Engineering Technology
Minimum one year applicable audio/acoustic experience with Associates in Engineering or Engineering Technology
Minimum two years' applicable audio/acoustic experience with Non-Engineering Bachelors, Associates, or High School
MiTek/AtlasIED is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- speaker design: 3 years (Preferred)
- acoustic test: 3 years (Preferred)