Position works closely with Engineering and Quality Department personnel in support of product testing activities. These activities include: setup, operation, and troubleshooting of complex analytical instrumentation; Execution of detailed test plans using accepted laboratory procedures and accurate record-keeping methods. Design, build-up and/or procurement of test fixtures, data acquisition systems, and measurement devices to ensure accurate test data.
Company: Sciencix (https://sciencix.com)
Present Position: Test Lab Engineer (minimum of 5 years of experience)
General Operating Hours: Monday – Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Salary Range: $50K - 60K Yearly
Benefits: Health & Dental Insurance / H.S.A. / Life Insurance / Long-Term Disability Insurance / Retirement plan – 401(k) Plan / Paid holidays, Personal Time off, Sick Leave, & Vacation
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Reviews HPLC test plans, schematics, assembly drawings, datasheets, and equipment manuals, to effectively set up and perform testing activities.
- Accurately executes HPLC test methods and provides professional documentation of results, data, and analysis using applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Design and carry out tests to demonstrate component reliability, compliance to design specifications, and/or failure modes.
- Designs, fabricates, wires, programs, and validates custom test fixtures to facilitate testing activities.
- Setups and operates data acquisition systems needed to meet the test requirements.
- Uses hand tools, machine tools, computers, and software to accomplish daily objectives in the lab.
- Identifies and troubleshoots processes, materials, and/or equipment problems to minimize downtime and expedite testing activities.
- Schedules, completes, and documents routine maintenance on Test Laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
- Assists in failure analysis, troubleshooting, and rework/repairing of non-conforming manufactured products to determine the root cause.
- Complies with policies, guidelines, and regulatory requirements per the Sciencix ISO System.
- Provides technical assistance to the Sales, Production, and Engineering teams.
Required Knowledge and skills:
- Ability to perform all assigned tasks, work independently, and complete work on schedule, in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to follow Management direction while displaying cooperative and positive behavior with co-workers.
- Attention to detail with professional organizational skills.
- Ability to read and understand drawings, technical documents/user manuals, and test plans.
- Working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, CAD.
- Basic understanding of electrical/electronic systems and troubleshooting of simple circuits.
- Basic understanding of pneumatics, hydraulics, mechanical and motor control systems/components.
- Working knowledge of data acquisition systems and sensors (including troubleshooting skills).
- Ability to develop and execute detailed test plans.
- Background in analytical chemistry and chemistry lab operations is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of SolidWorks Design software is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of programming languages such as LabVIEW or ladder logic is a plus.
Education and/or Experiences:
Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in technical field preferred, engineering or chemistry a plus; or  or more years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Daily Working Condition:
- Most of the daily work is done in the lab: setting up instrumentations & equipment, and monitoring test results.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relevant: 5 years (Required)