Goforth Williamson, Inc. (GWI) is a full service pump distributor offering sales, installation, repair and on-site preventive maintenance in the municipal and industrial markets. The company does business throughout the state of Georgia, Alabama and Florida panhandle offering a number of market leading brands with service and repair on any and all manufacturer’s equipment. Our employees offer a broad range of product and applications knowledge with a focus on finding the best solution for each individual application. Our goal is to provide the best customer service available while forming a long lasting partnership with each of our customers. Goforth Williamson has two locations, Griffin, GA and Fort Walton Beach, FL.
Currently we are seeking a Senior Applications Engineer for our Ft. Walton Beach location. This position will provide assistance to the GWI Units/Parts Division, GWI Service Division, Outside Engineering Firms, Contractors, Vendors and End Users in making pump selection recommendations, quoting pumps, processing orders, providing submittals, managing projects and quoting parts. The applications engineer is expected to communicate the needs of the customer to GWI’s management team.
· Provide technical support for outside sale’s people.
· Perform material and design selections for various applications and specifications.
· Provide technical equipment proposals and quotations for bid projects and customer inquiries.
· Compile and provide technical product submittal packages.
· Manage pump and equipment order process from initial inquiry to startup.
· Provide engineering firms with written equipment specifications as required.
· Assist in developing procedural standards for GWI processes.
· Other duties as required.
Minimum Education Requirements:
Bachelor of Mechanical or Electro/Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years Sales/Marketing/Applications experience preferred.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings
- Ability to respond with a strong sense of urgency and care, to customer requests, inquiries, and problems.
- Ability to quickly learn and become proficient with new software programs for product selection, quotations, and customer resource management.
- Project management
- Strong skills using desktop applications (spreadsheets, word processing, etc.)
- Accountable, self-motivated and proactive.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong technical mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Business and growth oriented
- Some experience in technical product sales or business
Compensation & Benefits:
· Salary based on experience.
· Medical, Dental, Life, 401K and Supplemental Ins.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $50,000.00 per year