Our client, A World Leader in the Automotive Safety Products space, is expanding their Engineering team. This Grand Rapids based company has an immediate need for a Senior HW Engineer in the Auburn Hills, MI area.
- Work directly with customers, suppliers and system engineers to identify, develop and manage requirements, designs, specifications, etc.
- Create, update and release the DFMEA.
- Lead the hardware design of next generation access systems by utilizing radar technologies.
- Perform simulations to identify design weaknesses as early as possible during development.
- Collaborate with mechanical engineers to determine the best package space to meet customer requirements.
- Support the test lab with creation and evaluation of verification equipment and providing procedural recommendations.
- Perform simulations for identifying design weaknesses at the earliest stage possible in development.
- Maintain knowledge of current technological advancements in the general field of radar electronics by keeping up with current developments and trends in the area of expertise.
- Work with the software team to ensure successful system design.
- Evaluate, assess and troubleshoot electronics content contained in core product base.
- Support the test lab with creation and evaluation of verification equipment along with procedural recommendations.
- Investigate alternative supplies of electronic content for non-directed-buy suppliers for future products.
- Support Value Analysis/Value Engineering (VA/VE) efforts
- EE department development
- Attend job-required training
- ISO 26262 Functional Safety Management
- Purchasing/budgeting electronic parts and test equipment
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Computer or Electrical Engineering or related field
- Hardware design experience
- Ability to work independently with limited direction
- Project or Product Leadership is preferred
- 7+ years of work experience, automotive experience is preferred
- Ability to launch and lead product development with some supervision
- Ability to work with Global Teams
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with MS Office
- Ability to utilize analysis Tools and software: Lab Power Supply, Soldering Iron, Oscilloscope, Digital Multimeter, Spectrum Analyzer, Component Analyzer, ESD Test Gun, Sourcemeter, Electronic Load, Function Generator, Amplifier, Datalogger, Engineering EOL tester, Debugger/Programmer, Altium Designer, MPLABX, Visual C#, Atmel/AVR Studio, DSP
- Ability to root cause issues utilizing 8D, Kepnor-Tregoe and Fishbones
- Ability to contribute to peer design and schematic reviews
Please contact us right away for more details on this amazing opportunity!!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $125,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Radar: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location