Company Conformance Statement
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
Employees are required to:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Comply with all applicable safety- and health-related rules, regulations, and procedures;
- Work safely themselves and help their teammates work safely;
- Assist supervisors and managers in identifying and mitigating potentially hazardous conditions; and
- Help the organization maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
Purpose of the Position
- Assists in the design, analysis, and repair of hardware, components and systems for the development of new and/or support of current products.
Principal Duties/Responsibilities of the Position
Generate/update work instructions or procedures to repair, modify, precision clean, and test valves or other types of piping systems’ components for various media including but not limited to hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, methane, etc.
Create/update configuration control drawings to document critical piping system components
Perform failure analysis of valves and other piping system components that are used in high pressure and low pressure applications
Design precision valve parts and valve assembly tools
Research alternative parts for valve repair or replacement as existing parts become obsolete
Provide oversight and supervision over the technicians for critical valve or component inspections, repairs, and testing
Interact with customers to discuss component management for repair options, scheduling and updates
Perform field analysis on failing or failed components for the various test stands
Provide estimates for repairs to valves and components
All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field preferred.
Two or more years of experience in mechanical engineering, working with cryogenic systems components and piping, understanding of operating pressures for pressure relief, control valves, and piping along with how to repair these types of component. Experience working with mechanical design principles and practices for pressure relief and control valves.
Experience working with drawing standards including tolerances and detailed drawings.
Must be able to obtain required NASA badge.
Must be able to provide a certified Birth Certificate (with state seal), Passport, or INS Citizenship documents on date of hire (candidate will be sent home if this paperwork is not provided upon arrival on date of hire).
Must have the ability to communicate the English language, both verbally and written, in an effective manner.
Must have, and maintain, a valid driver’s license.
Good organizational and planning skills
Good Communication skills
Ability to pay close attention to detail
Ability to take direction
Ability to operate and service various rotating equipment
Ability to work with computers
Ability to work independently but follow specific detailed instructions
Ability to interface with various levels of personnel in a multi-cultural, team- oriented environment
Special Knowledge and Skills Required
Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Dexterity to operate office and field equipment as required by the position.
- Prior knowledge of NASA site, experienced with working on government installations preferred.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT, THE COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REVISE, CHANGE OR AMEND JOB DESCRIPTIONS FROM TIME-TO-TIME TO CORRESPOND TO DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS OF THE POSITION.