Join the PURIS team to lead the plant-based movement and ensure production of high quality, USA made plant proteins! PURIS offers competitive wages, fully paid life, disability, and dental insurance, along with affordable medical and vision insurance upon qualification. We also offer a generous PTO package and 401k.
The Process Engineer will provide Leadership and utilize in-depth technical and process knowledge of PURIS pea protein, starch, and fiber manufacturing processes to optimize process capability, implement and monitor critical process control variables on New and Current Capital Investments.
Process Engineers will drive progress within PURIS all new processing capabilities to increase capacity, improve the product quality, reduce costs, bring new products to market, and ensure food and people safety.
A Process Engineer will provide engineering expertise as of a member of a Team of Operations staff in People Safety, Manufacturing, Quality and Food Safety, Maintenance Reliability and Human Resources to deliver a New Manufacturing Plant capable of providing the Markets demand of Pea Protein.
A Process Engineer must adhere to and embody the PURIS Core Values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
Education and Experience:
- Provide Safety Leadership in all Process Engineering Activities. Lead or Participate on Teams that reduce Hazards in our Operating Plants and improve Safety Behaviors of our teams.
- Key member of the Capital Project Team to ensure Process Design aligns with Critical Control Variables and Control Strategy
- Provide the Technical Proficiency to collaborate with Overall Puris Team, and Customers to provide Protein and Ingredients Solutions to meet Market demands.
- Weekly communication to stake holders on progress to schedule and budget;
- Development of Commission Plans, Operating Procedures and provide Training Sessions for Operating Teams on all new processes.
- Responsibility for the Development and Maintenance of the Entire Protein Process Mass and Energy balances of the Wet Process for all new process projects until turned over to Operations Team Control.
- Lead or Participate on Teams to meet Troubleshooting challenges faced at the processing facility
- Daily interaction with process operators and maintenance technicians to troubleshoot and problem solve for Continuous Improvement.
Skills and Capabilities:
- B.S. in Chemical, Mechanical or Bio products and Bio systems Engineering required
- Internship Experience in the Food or Chemical Industry a plus
- Direct Experience with Separations Technology, Heat Transfer and Mechanical/Chemistry
- Excellent Communication Skills are required; Ability to present ideas and results to groups of Team members is required
- Experience in a Behavior Based or PSM Safety environment are a plus
- Experience in Lean Concepts, Six Sigma or Other Continuous Improvement Tools are a plus
- Leadership and Organizational/Planning abilities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and cooperative attitude
- Strong analytical and investigative skills
- Strong sense of integrity and goal setting
- Demonstrates ability to lead and integrate food safety into manufacturing activities.
- Familiarity with commercial food processing equipment
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills
- Travel Requirement: ~50% to plants within mid-west states
- Must be capable of working at elevated heights, lift up to 50 lbs. and be able to adapt to temperature & environmental extremes from hot to cold, noise, dust, dirt and chemicals.
- Must have the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time working on the computer.
PURIS brings food growers, food makers, and food eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. We manufacture organic and non-GMO, plant-based ingredients here in the USA. These ingredients form the basis of some of the fastest growing products on your grocer's shelves. We provide a safe and secure food supply that is made in the USA. Our model is grounded in 30 years of non-GMO natural breeding and sustained by an alliance of domestic growers and partners who share our high standards. Our process ensures a wholesome journey from seed to solution.
Want to learn more about plant-based foods? You are in luck! Plant-based markets are growing at a fast clip. Plant-based foods have grown 31% in the past two years to reach $4.5 billion! This is compared to 2% for the entire food market. PURIS is a leading supplier to this growing industry and needs your help! Check out a recent report here to learn more about the growth of the industry. You can also check out our FAQs or email email@example.com for more info.
PURIS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, genetics or any other protected class in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
INTEGRITY | LEADERSHIP | OPENNESS | GLOBAL VISION | ADAPTABILITY | PARTNERSHIP