What You’ll Get to Do:
Are you looking for a chance to build your career with a company who is Leading with Science®? Are you interested in working with a group of talented women and men who drive innovation and celebrate the global community? We are seeking an enthusiastic and talented Water Resources Engineer or Scientist to join our team in our Fairfax, VA office.
We are in search of a team member to join our family of engineers and scientists who has a strong quantitative and qualitative skillset to support municipal, state, federal, and private projects. In this position you will support assignments related to hydrologic, hydraulic, and water quality modeling, watershed management, sustainable infrastructure and practices, and stream restoration studies. You will apply various types of modeling and data analysis (watershed, lake/river/estuary, BMP, water quality, sediment transport, floodplain, water distribution, and/or computational fluid dynamics) to assist clients with watershed planning, stormwater management, environmental compliance, floodplain management, and TMDL development.
Think you have what it takes? Read on.
More About This Role:Your responsibilities will include:
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Conduct research related to specific topics in watershed modeling and water quality management studies
- Compile and analyze watershed, hydrodynamic and water quality data using GIS and statistical techniques
- Support watershed and receiving water model setup, calibration, validation, and application
- Develop or prepare descriptive charts, figures/maps and tables/matrices
- Prepare memos and reports to contribute to project documentation and deliverables
- Perform engineering calculations for BMP or facility design
- Prepare computer programming scripts
- Conduct quality control and assurance
- Support field work (upland, wetland, riparian and stream channel areas)
What We Can Offer You:
- Master’s degree (awarded or pending) in water resources or civil/environmental engineering from accredited institution (EIT or HIT certification preferred)
- Experience conducting hydraulic, hydrodynamic, water quality, and sediment modeling studies using public domain tools (e.g., HSPF/LSPC, SWMM, EFDC, WASP, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, SWAT, QUAL2K)
- Understanding of general concepts related to hydrology, hydraulics, water quality, water resources planning, and environmental statistics
- Knowledge of computer programming language (Excel VBA and Python experience preferred)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel)
- Ability to use ESRI’s ArcGIS tools to manage, edit, and analyze spatial data and to produce report-ready maps
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong attention to detail; demonstrated track record of producing high quality reports and/or peer-reviewed publications preferred
- Highly motivated, collaborative, and innovative individual with interest in emerging topics in water resources
- Ability to manage time wisely; demonstrated aptitude for working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
About Tetra Tech:
- Excellence and Achievement awards for our highest performers
- Flexibility that allows our employees to balance quality work and their personal lives
- Competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities
- Free Parking
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.