Analyzes and evaluates existing systems and processes. Identifying value-added and non-value-added activities to solve production related challenges. Conceives, designs, tests, and develops innovative solutions based on analysis and organizational objectives. Facilitates, mentors, and conducts employee development for productivity improvement projects. Confers with cross functional teams regarding manufacturing capabilities, production capabilities and capacities, and other considerations to facilitate and improve the production processes.
Essential Job Functions:
To perform the job successfully, the individual must accomplish the following:
Utilize principles of mathematics, science, and engineering to streamline processes and Identify opportunities to prevent waste and inefficiency in operations
Practice proven techniques of Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, Six Sigma, and root cause analysis to formulate/support innovation, corrective and preventive actions, and continuous improvement activities
Create and maintain required process documentation, including process flow charts, capacity and utilization studies, time and motion studies, standard work, cycle time analysis and line balancing
Research and test theories and design ideas to determine feasibility
Develop and design robust manufacturing concepts to simplify/improve production processes to ensure best practice
Evaluate project performance, identifying issues, and make improvements
- Ensures and follows safety requirements and standards
- Adheres to Company’s Quality Management System requirements
- Obtain knowledge of regulatory requirements of the Medical Device industry
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent required
- Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering preferred
- Three (3) years minimum in a production environment
- Understanding of lean manufacturing/enterprise principles
- Proficiency with analytical tools, workflow time study, and process balancing
- Ability to interface with management, production leads, functional leads
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with Solidworks and AutoCAD a plus.
- Standard working conditions include an office environment and production environment
- Position could require domestic and international travel if circumstance warrant
- Position may require extended hours on occasion
- Position requires frequent sitting, walking, and standing
- Requires lifting up to 10 pounds frequently and up to 40 pounds occasionally
Ki Mobility is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.