NeoCoil, LLC is a leader in MRI coils and imaging accessories designed for better patient comfort and experience. Our focus, through innovation and precision, is to engineer and manufacture the highest quality coils and accessories for the medical industry. We are seeking an experienced Lead Mechanical Engineer to join our team.
This position will help generate best in class, innovative product offerings and assure technical quality excellence, as well as timely completion of project timelines. As Lead Mechanical Engineer, this position will lead team collaboration with peer engineering teams, manufacturing, suppliers and customers to drive product designs across all phases of the product life cycle. The Lead Mechanical Engineer is accountable for the mechanical engineering team’s development, planning and growth.
- Manages engineering activities, performance and accountability. Mentors and improves capabilities and skills using goal setting and review processes, performance appraisals, developing individual development plans, and coaching/mentoring.
- Provides leadership, technical direction and support to engineering team to promptly identify, define and resolve engineering, design and development issues to meet multiple project needs and objectives.
- Assists with the design and development of products in compliance with the company’s QMS, design, safety, regulatory and customer requirements.
- Interact with suppliers to understand processes/capabilities, requirements and troubleshooting.
- Work with internal and external customers to ensure designs meet manufacturability, service and customer requirements.
- Actively contribute to problem solving and continuous improvement activities for both development projects and mature products.
- Execute product design, planning and development while adhering to timelines.
- Ensure cross-functionally collaboration across engineering disciplines (i.e. mechanical, electrical, RF, test and technicians), program management, service, manufacturing, quality, regulatory, clinical applications, customers and suppliers.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience working in a lead engineering role in a similar industry, medical device or regulated environment.
- Product development/ management skills, and experience in development of new devices; experience in MRI or medical devices highly preferred
- Must exhibit a high level of initiative, as well as demonstrate the ability to work independently and direct others to develop technical solutions to complex problems that require ingenuity and creativity.
- Possess a systematic approach to problem solving and issue resolution combined with a good understanding of the relevant technologies and their practical applications.
- Knowledge of systems engineering, concepts and processes and solid modeling tools.
- Experience using solid modeling tools, SolidWorks is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communications skills.
- Working knowledge of medical device regulations and standards, including 21CFR820, MDD 93/421EEC, MDR, MHLW, M0169, ISO13485, IEC60601-1, is advantageous
- Exceptional communication skills; able to provide direction, organize, prioritize, schedule, negotiate and communicate relevant project information.
- Excellent client interface and relationship building experience.
Core Position Competencies:
- Adaptability/Flexibility - Flexible style. Receptive to change. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Adjusts with ease. Manages competing demands.
- Analytical/Detail-Oriented – Collects and researches data. Synthesizes complex or diverse information. Creates tools to analyze information to support business decisions. Thoroughly reviews work and fixes mistakes quickly.
- Collaboration/Consulting - Enlists active participation of others to solve problems. Works collaboratively to develop possible solutions and provide guidance to others in analyzing and solving problems.
- Communication - Uses effective and clear expression when presenting ideas or information with verbal or non-verbal communication.
- Creativity/Innovation - Generates original thinking and creative solutions. Possesses ability to think “outside the box.” Comes up with new ideas and approaches not readily apparent or previously tried that enhance the organization's systems or products. Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Critical Thinking - Disciplined thinking that is clear, rational, open-minded and informed by evidence. Examines assumptions. Reflective thinking by applying, analyzing and synthesizing information.
- Management/Managing Others - Appropriately adapts style and approach to situation/person to achieve desired results. Improves processes and services, Includes staff in planning and decision making. Provides regular performance feedback, Takes responsibility, Works to improve management skills, Supports learning and growth in direct reports.
- - Recognizes and builds on strengths of others. Looks for ways to build positive relationships on the work team, Demonstrates trust and respect for others. Balances team and individual responsibilities. Able to build morale and group commitments, Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Puts success of team above own interests, Give and welcomes feedback.
Reporting to this position: Mechanical Engineering
Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to sit, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle; reach with hands and arms; type, balance; stoop; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
If you are interested in joining a growing organization with a vision for the future, please send us your resume. We are a fast-paced work environment, offering competitive compensation, family-friendly benefits and so much more. Please visit www.neocoil.com for more information. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume, including salary requirements.
NeoCoil LLC is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law. NeoCoil participates in E-Verify.
Job Type: Full-time
- leadership: 2 years (Preferred)
- Do you have experience in the medical device industry?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off