Provident has been a premier builder and developer in metro Halifax for over 30 years. We're looking to add a skilled professional to our team who will assist the Project Manager with quality control on residential homes, and meet the warranty needs of our valued homeowners as our Warranty Technician.
The ideal candidate exhibits the following attributes:
- Excellent carpentry skills (framing, decks, & finish trim)
- An eye for detail & understanding of proper construction methods
- A great attitude and ability to work with team members from all walks of life
- A willingness to do whatever it takes to get a job done
- Professionalism in dealing with clients
- Super reliable, honest and trustworthy
- Clean Driving Record (a company vehicle is provided during work hours, picked up and returned daily)
- All around constructions skills for minor repairs related to drywall, painting, trim & hardware installation, flooring repairs, siding repairs, etc.
- Organized and able to take direction
Your role would include:
- performing quality control walk throughs and reporting deficiencies to the project manager or lead sub-contractor
- ensuring sites are clean, organized and safe
- completing work orders for items covered under the one year warranty for individual buyers
- assisting the Project Manager with duties and tasks as assigned to keep sites running efficiently which includes a wide variety of tasks
Your Qualifications are:
- Excellent experience in most aspects of residential construction
- Understanding of building codes and requirements
- Training as a Carpenter (red seal) would be beneficial
- Ability to read plans
- Strong communication skills
- Desire to advance in a supervisory capacity
- Have strong all around 'handyman' abilities
Hours are Monday to Friday 7:30-4:30, some weekends and evenings may be necessary to meet schedule obligations.
Application deadline: 2020-06-05
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.00 /hour
Provident is operating under recommended safety guidelines for continued work during COVID-19. Manpower on sites are limited in numbers, hand sanitization stations on each site, masks provided for use as necessary.
- residential construction: 6 years (Required)