TITLE: Machinist/ Fabricator/ possible Foreman
If you’re looking for a job opportunity in the Albuquerque area that will allow you to put your machining and fabrication talents to use, we may have the perfect place for you. Our company has been in business for 40+ years! We are seeking an experienced machinist/fabricator with a highly trained eye for quality to join our metalworking department. In this position, you will be exposed to cutting edge technology requiring innovative machining and fabrication solutions. You will be challenged to discover more advanced methods for machining and fabrication and, you will be able to help support our company’s vision of delivering products of the highest quality to our customers. Additionally, you will be able to take advantage of our competitive pay and our incredible benefits package!
We offer in-town steady work too! Travel may be required on rare occasions! Are you ready to make that change? Don’t wait! Apply today! We can’t wait to review your resume!
· Machine simple and complex parts from various materials including aluminum, steel, stainless, alloys and plastics using both manual and CNC machinery.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications to develop process and procedure for manufacture of the parts or assemblies therein.
· Works closely with designers and engineers to understand the application of requested parts and to make value added recommendations.
· Works closely with welders, fabricators, assemblers and other machinists to integrate and synthesize their collective efforts.
· Review blueprints, drawings, and other specification papers before starting work on a fabrication process and planning the steps to ensure accurate completion
· Able to competently setup and operate manual lathes and mills, CNC machinery (including programming), brakes, shears, rolls, grinders, saws, drill press and other support type equipment.
- Inspect parts and assemblies using precision measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers, hole gages, thread gages, indicators etc.
· Use computers for CNC programing, CAD, collection of data, emails, forms, research.
· Job Skills & Qualifications
· High school diploma or a GED equivalent
· At least five years of experience in machining, manufacturing and/or fabrication
· Ability to comprehend blueprints and work specifications
· Physical ability to lift at least 75 pounds or more
· Effective communication and teamwork skills are a must
· Valid Driver’s License
- Computer literate, use Microsoft Office products, CAD/CAM software, web browsers and Email
- Completed apprenticeship or vocational education program in the manufacturing engineering field.
· Associate degree in a mechanical field
- Supervisory experience in the machine trades
· Active DOE “L” or “Q” Clearance
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27.00 - $30.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Welding or Machining: 3 years (Required)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Social distancing guidelines in place