Provide technical and programmatic support relating to environmental projects and compliance matters to the Air National Guard (ANG). Perform tasks requiring comprehension of federal, state, and local regulations and statutes, DoD, Air Force, and ANG regulations, business practices, and documentation. Evaluate alternative remedial technologies, prepare guidance documents and environmental policy reviews, and provide Remedial Process Optimization (RPO) support services in accordance with Air Force requirements. Perform site visits to ANG installations to assess the performance of remedial systems and make recommendations for process or technology changes to enhance system performance to achieve project objectives. Provide support to the Air Force planning, programming, budgeting, and execution (PPBE).
- 10+ years of experience with conducting Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) or Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) projects in the field, including groundwater and soil investigations, remedial actions, long-term monitoring, five-year reviews, project closeout, data analysis, report writing, and project management
- 10+ years of experience with working on environmental projects for the government
- Experience with the design and operation of remedial technologies, EPA sampling and analytical methods, and industry standards and best practices
- Experience with analyzing complex engineering and scientific data and presenting the results of analysis to diverse audiences in an easy-to-understand visual format
- Experience with maintaining environmental program data in an information management system for tracking and reporting
- Experience with preparing environmental restoration project and program life cycle cost estimates using RACER and engineering methods
- Experience in building relationships with key stakeholders and customers in government client site environments
- Knowledge of federal and state environmental regulations and interacting with federal and state regulatory agencies
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BS in Engineering or Physical Science
- Experience with the investigation and remediation of per and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) in soil, groundwater, and drinking water
- Knowledge of the Air Force Program Requirements Development (PRD) process
- Knowledge of National Guard Bureau (NGB), ANG, and Air Force organizations and business processes
- Public Trust clearance
- Professional Engineer or Professional Geologist license or registration
- Completion of 40-Hour HAZWOPER training, including 8-hour refresher training
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.