Firmware Engineer / Embedded Software Engineer – All Levels
As a member of the firmware development team, you will be responsible for delivering high quality embedded code running on the processors at the heart of Tesla powertrains, vehicles, and energy storage systems. There are opportunities to work on a number of projects from our body controls team, passive safety, power conversion, chassis, autonomous vehicle/auto-pilot program, to the revolutionary battery system, the highly complex firmware brain that operates all Tesla vehicles. Come join a team of deeply knowledgeable engineers that strive to build the most robust and reliable embedded systems using cutting edge software development tools and practices. You will solve some of the most ambiguous and challenging problems in the embedded software space and change the way the world produces electric vehicles and delivers energy. At Tesla you’ll have the ability to take a lofty goal such as ‘the vehicle will park itself’ into an everyday reality.
- Deliver high-quality C code in a real-time embedded environment.
- Specify, design, and implement functionality and behaviors of embedded subsystems.
- Design the software architecture and firmware implementation on hardware through integration, test and high volume manufacturing.
- Hands-on hardware bringup, system debugging and code optimization.
- Make performance and optimization trade-offs to meet product requirements
- Experience in embedded development in robotics, real-time controls, or system software
- Proficiency in C, familiarity with MISRA C a plus
- Fluent in software fundamentals including software design and maintainability
- Experience with the embedded microprocessor tools
- Test driven development and familiarity with developer driven automated testing
- Ability to collaborate and communicate complex technical concepts
- Understanding of physics and basic principles is highly preferred
- Experience with TI DSPs or NXP microcontrollers a plus
- BS, MS or PhD in EE/CE/CS, or the equivalent in experience with evidence of exceptional ability
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $150,000.00 - $380,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location