Candidates must have the following Experience/Skills:
- Electrical Engineer performs circuit card design lifecycle activities including requirements capture, schematic capture, design documentation, signal integrity analysis, creation of board stack up and routing instructions, coordination and review of printed wiring board layout, creation of test plans, and root cause analysis.
- Perform trade studies as needed and select components necessary to implement the requirements
- Support lab design verification testing for circuit card assemblies
- Must possess or be eligible for obtaining a U.S. DOD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
- • Extensive knowledge of circuit design and signal integrity is expected
- Domain knowledge of digital electronics (e.g. Microprocessor/microcontroller, DSP, FPGA, ADC, DAC, etc.) and experience with digital electronics design principles and techniques, including experience working with lab equipment (Oscilloscopes, Analyzers, etc.)
- Proficiency with a schematic capture tools (examples may include Mentor Graphics Xpedition, Cadence Allegro, etc.) and signal integrity analysis tools (ex. Hyperlynx) for creation of circuit card designs.
- Working knowledge of digital circuit design parameters (e.g., throughput, rise time, clock frequencies, propagation delay). Includes knowledge of computer hardware components (e.g., processors, memory, interfaces), and characteristics (e.g., throughput, processing architecture, timing, capacity).
- Have demonstrated effective problem solving skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate in a professional manner and produce detailed, clear and concise technical documentation.
- Experience with DO-254 related hardware design lifecycle processes, objectives, activities, and artifacts
- Ability to document requirements verification using DOORS and/or JAMA
- Understanding of the aspects of various aviation industry qualification standards, such as DO-160G
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience