- Responsible for leading design, installation and commissioning activities for stamping press lines
Supports equipment design RFQ’s
Requests the necessary project capital and is accountable for the budget
Provides direction and receives feedback from suppliers ensuring equipment quality & delivery commitments are met.
Approves supplier designs
Ensures that suppliers adhere to equipment building standards.
Participates and perhaps leads the equipment standard documentation development.
Prepares a detailed program plan that meets timing goals and visits suppliers on a regular basis to ensure compliance to timing dates
Schedules and facilitates equipment trials at suppliers and at TMF.
Provides direction and leadership to Launch Support Team.
Provides a detailed documentation record of “as built” conditions.
Provides direction to Engineering Techs and Engineering Interns as necessary.
Provides a detailed list of high priority spare parts
Update Equipment Tracking System.
Provide technical expertise to various departments from time to time.
Other tasks assigned by Manager.
- BS in electrical, mechatronics, or mechanical engineering
- 5+ years of stamping manufacturing experience
- Strong knowledge of electrical and mechanical designs
- Experience with stamping press line foundations and utilities is a plus
- Good project management skillsets to manage press vendors
- Aluminum Destacker experience preferred
- Equipment safety buyoff
- Advanced knowledge of requirements by OSHA, ANSI and ISO
- Kuka, Fanuc or/and ABB Robotic hardware skills desired, any programing experiences are plus
- Proven project management experience
- Innovative, Business-minded, Capable of working well within a team, Organized and able to work under pressure to meet tight deadline
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program