Stevens Engineers & Constructors has an excellent opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated Project Manager / Estimator to join our Cleveland Operations Team. The ideal candidate will have project management and estimating experience in heavy industrial market such as steel, aerospace or chemical processing disciplines, with a focus on foundation installation experience and knowledge working with clients, design engineers or architects while adhering to installation specifications. The Project Manager / Estimator will provide expertise in the area of oversite and managing safety, project planning, estimating, schedule analysis, risk analysis, financial results, resources, quality, change management and customer relations.
The ideal candidate will also have a client focus approach and will work well independently and as part of the project team.
Stevens offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, along with an excellent benefit package. This is a perfect career opportunity to join an experienced group of professionals that are committed to providing our customers quality project results.
- Reviews proposal specifications and drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Prepares estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work and soliciting pricing from qualified vendors and subcontractors.
- Develops and maintain a thorough understanding of the provisions and requirements of all contract documents, including plans, specifications, owner’s contract, subcontracts and purchase orders
- Interfaces with the client as his primary contact; receiving and communicating initial project setup information and periodic project status, writing significant project related correspondence, and representing the Company in meetings
- Organizes and execute the project safety compliance program within the guidelines of company policies. Initiate project safety meetings for on-site supervisors and labor force.
- Develops and maintains a thorough understanding of the provisions and requirements of all contract documents, including plans, specifications, owner’s contract, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Organizes and plan the execution of the physical work.
- Develops the project schedule and direct its long term planning and execution.
- Prepares, quotes and negotiates contract changes with General Manager’s guidance.
- Communicates/coordinates schedule and plan with subcontractors and vendors.
- Maintains open communication with all other support and business units involved with the project.
- Recognizes on-site activities which may impede project progress or jeopardize compliance to project/contract requirements. Prepare and submit related informational documents to the client or other responsible parties and implement corrective measures.
- Maintains strict control of the project budget for each work activity. Report monthly on the progress and current profitability of the project.
- Writes subcontracts and purchase orders for field generated purchases and contracts. Review and approve related subcontractor and vendor invoices and change requests.
- Promotes goodwill with clients, architects, engineers etc., to facilitate construction activities and future repeat business.
- Supervises the project activities of the on-site project engineer, field superintendents and other field resources.
- Participates in bidding, pre-construction services, budgeting and Continuous Improvement Programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree with major coursework in Construction Science, Building Science or Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or a related field is preferred.
- Ten (10) years of professional experience in the construction industry, with four (4) years of project management experience is desired.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Access, and construction / project management software packages (i.e., InEight, Primavera P6, and Viewpoint).
- Ability to understand the installation requirements for heavy process foundation work and have the ability to develop estimates and takeoffs for the process equipment foundation installation.
- Ability to think analytically; demonstrate effective time management skills; ability to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task in fast pace environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to understand and communicate basic construction concepts.
- Exhibit strong Interpersonal and problem solving skills; with accuracy and precise attention to detail.
- Ability to lead and foster a positive working environment.
- Ability to build solid working relationships with team members, vendors, and customers.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic - results driven.
Stevens Engineers & Constructors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristic or category.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace that places Safety First.
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction Management: 5 years (Required)
- Middleburg Heights, OH (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement