***This position is a part of the Natural Resource Canada's Youth Employment Strategy Wage Funding Program (https://www.eco.ca/wage-subsidy-programs/im-a-job-candidate/). Applications will only be considered if they include a cover letter confirming the applicants eligibility for this program.***
Zen is Growing
Zen Clean Energy is a specialty consulting firm with more than 50 years of combined experience in the clean energy sector. Zen works with clients to commercially advance and deploy clean energy solutions and technologies that promote sustainability. While we work on a wide range of clean energy projects and technologies, more than 70% of our business is focussed on serving the hydrogen and fuel cell sector.
Since forming four years ago, Zen’s client base and business have grown steadily. With two Principals, one full-time project engineer, one full-time project manager, and a strong network of expert subcontractors in place, we are now ready to add a junior engineer to our team. The right individual will share Zen’s passion for driving change and supporting the deployment of clean energy technologies and will find the variety of projects and constant learning to be energizing and exciting.
Zen’s office is in the new WeWork facility at Marine Gateway (Cambie and SW Marine Drive). It’s a fun place to work with lots of great amenities, including a gym membership, bike lockers, lunch and learn seminars, and beer and cider on tap.
We are deeply passionate about working with clients that are developing solutions to help prevent climate change. Decarbonization of our energy systems is critical to all our futures. Join us to help move toward a clean energy future.
The place to improve the world is first in one’s own heart and head and hands, and then work outward from there. ― Robert M. Pirsig
- 0 to 5 years work experience with track record of showing initiative and leadership
- Mechanical or electrical engineering degree is preferred, or equivalent technical experience
- Project Management experience an asset
- Must have a flexible, ‘can-do’ attitude, enjoy learning a wide variety of new subjects, and be willing to figure things out independently
- Experience in the hydrogen and/or fuel cell sector is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills is required
- Candidates must be eligible for the Natural Resource Canada's Youth Employment Strategy Wage Funding Program (https://www.eco.ca/wage-subsidy-programs/im-a-job-candidate/)
- Intend to lead an environmental career in STEM or natural resources
- 30 years of age or younger
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or have refugee status
- Graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution with a 2 year diploma or 4 year degree
- Able to work in a full-time, permanent position within 30 days from application
- Unemployed or underemployed
- Have not participated previously in a federal youth employment or education program
- Emissions reduction modeling and analysis
- Technical writing support for client grant applications
- Data analysis – vehicle fleet and infrastructure performance analysis and key performance indicator (KPI) reporting
- Project management of demonstration projects
Why Work for Zen?
- Make an Impact: We are passionate about what we do, about clean energy, and about ensuring BC companies play an important role in the sector. If meaningful work and having a strong sense of purpose is important to you, Zen is the right place.
- Understand how policy and partnerships drive change: The Zen team has strong relationships in government and a broad network of thought-leaders and industry partners in the energy sector. We specialize in bringing consortiums together to drive adoption of new technologies that have commercial potential.
- Learn from experts in the Field: We are committed to providing strong mentorship to the expanding Zen team, and will work to ensure our team members have development and growth opportunities.
- growth opportunity: We are a small team and have an incredible opportunity for growth in front of us. As an early hire you can join us at the ground level and can help us shape and grow Zen’s future.
- We value work-life balance: Are you tired of working in a cubicle and having to work according to the ‘old’ rules? We believe that balance in life is important. We are progressive and open to flexible work arrangements.
- We Act with integrity and respect: We work hard to create a positive atmosphere both within our own workplace and in working with clients.
- Compensation: Zen is offering a competitive compensation package that includes a bonus plan.
Find out more about Zen at http://zenenergysolutions.com/.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)