Areas of Interest
Digital & Technology / Information Technology
Baltimore - Maryland - United States of America, Charlotte - North Carolina - United States of America, Chicago - Illinois - United States of America, Dallas - Texas - United States of America, Philadelphia - Pennsylvania - United States of America
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions- LOCAL is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a software engineer to join our product delivery and engineering team within GWS EMEA Digital & Technology.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing 3rd line support to the business while also providing support for the team. Bug fixing, designing, building, testing and deploying to existing software products and services for a global real-estate business-line. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring they deliver best-in-class software products working in an agile environment following the industry best practices. Reporting to the Global Technology Service Manager the successful candidate will be expected to deliver end-to-end solutions, tackle and solve complex problems and support and work with other members of the team. The successful candidate will also ensure that all code which has been developed adheres to all corporate coding and cyber security standards.
- Delivering day to day BAU 3rd line support on existing tech stack.
- Manage the 3rd line tickets both in the ServiceNow and any other backlog.
- Design, document and implement solutions in alignment with the product roadmap.
- Deliver code based and non-code based technical solutions to solve business problems.
- Investigate, design, develop and document new solutions as required.
- Translate business requirements and roadmaps into tangible technology capabilities.
- Ensure client engagement as and when required.
- Review, breakdown and estimate user stories in the backlog
- Work with the team to ensure that the most appropriate technologies are employed across the portfolio.
- Ensure solutions adhere to the corporate cyber security standards and follow development best practice(s).
- Support others within the team during the support and development phases
- Ensure solutions meet the core technology principles/standards of the portfolio
- Provide assistance to the business and team during the requirements gathering phases.
- Assist with the development and documentation of agreed standards and processes
- Work with the wider technology organisation to establish an exceptional working knowledge of the organisations technology platform and capabilities
Participate and support effective user story development
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in a related field such as information systems, mathematics, or computer science or equivalent work experience. Requires technical knowledge, training and understanding of the job's requirements. Typically has 2-3 years of relevant work experience. Consideration given to equivalent combination of education and experience.
2+ years working with the following languages:
C#, .Net/Core web applications or 1+ years working with NodeJS
- Strong Front end development ideally in ReactJS/Redux
- Cosmos DB or other NoSQL database
- Relational DB experience ideally PostgreSQL
- Azure Enterprise Cloud Architecture (function apps, service bus, event hub, event grid)
- Deep understanding of the Microsoft development stack
- Experience of working within an agile development methodology
- Experience delivering commercially successful applications
- Experience in both internal stakeholder and client facing roles
- Must have a background in software development and software design
- Previous experience working in a development role
- Proven experience working with complex, interconnected solutions and services
- Full-working knowledge and experience of all core Microsoft development technologies
- Knowledge of the core principles of object-oriented development and coding best practices
- Passionate technologist aware of the latest technology trends
- Working experience leading and supporting others.
- Management of project resources and third-party suppliers
- Knowledge of mobile, web, database and reporting technology platforms.
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to communicate across all levels within the business is essential
- Professional approach & “customer friendly”
- Enquiring & Self motivated
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) works with clients to make real estate a meaningful contributor to organizational productivity and performance. Our account management model is at the heart of our client-centric approach to delivering integrated real estate solutions. Each client is entrusted with a dedicated leader and is supported by regional and global resources, leveraging the industry's most robust platform. CBRE GWS delivers consistent, measurably superior outcomes for our clients at every stage of the lifecycle, and across industries and geographies.
Find out more