As the world’s leading water experts, we are dedicated to delivering high-quality water solutions to residential, commercial and industrial customers. Headquartered in Rosemont, Illinois, Culligan International offers technologically advanced, state of the art water filtration products, including: water softeners, water filtration system, industrial water treatment solutions, drinking water systems and whole-house filtration systems.
The Test Engineer II works with the Engineering and lab teams to understand the test article function, and design a test configuration that replicates the critical environments. The Engineer performs functions that lead to the improvement or recertification of current products and the development and launch of new products and components. This role reports to the Engineering Manager but works primarily independently, relying on experience to plan and accomplish goals.
Specific Job Function
- Specify, develop, and document moderately complex design and process validation test plans and test procedures for prototype and production water treatment equipment
- Develop test programs using design of experiments for accelerated life testing, and failure mode analysis to support the needs of the Product Engineering Team
- Independently design moderately complex products including PLC programming
- Create test stand component list, and develop project budget. Track and maintain project financials.
- Develop and present comprehensive, accurate, detailed technical reports supporting testing or analytical analysis.
- Analyze moderately complex design problems to determine the root cause, and work with Quality Control/Engineering to implement corrective action.
- Possess working knowledge of associated regulatory standards, and insure that products meet the required specifications. • Independently design test fixtures for new product or component validation and or production
- Independently develop and carry out test procedures for evaluating the integrity of a product or system
- Interface with other departments to implement moderately complex test plans.
- Create plumbing/electrical schematics of existing test equipment. • Improve/optimize existing equipment used to carry out test programs.
- Develop and document standardized operating procedures to support tests.
- Develop technical competency in the understanding and application of Culligan standard product technologies
- Bachelors of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering field.
- 5+ years experience developing, building, and carrying out test plans in a laboratory environment.
- Proficient in the functional specification of mechanical & electromechanical components including pumps, valves, O-rings/seals, tubing/plumbing, solenoid valves, motors, meters, etc.
- Working knowledge and understanding of PLC programming and associated hardware.
- Familiar with data acquisition software/hardware.
Solidworks proficiency a plus
Initiative/Self Starter Analytical & Troubleshooting Skills Oral & Written Communications
Organization/Planning Technical/Analytical Excellence Intelligence Laboratory Safety
Bachelor of Science or better in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
Developing, building, and carrying out test plans in a laboratory environment