DCGS-A Software Engineer
This position will support software activities and interoperability engineering technical services for Communications Electronic Command (CECOM) Software Engineering Center (SEC), Intelligence Support Division (ISD) in their Post Deployment Software Sustainment (PDSS) and Post Production Software Sustainment (PPSS) mission for worldwide customers, including: Program Executive Officers and their Project Managers and Project Directors, Headquarters Department of the Army and its components, and other Department of Defense elements. CECOM SEC IEWSD supports several Programs of Record with all aspects of software sustainment services and in the future will support additional new programs.
The position may require performing services at a contractor off-site facility or at a duty station at a designated U.S. Government facility or other designated facilities (on-site) within the Continental U.S. (CONUS).
The DCGS-A Software Engineer will be responsible for:
- Provides functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software systems, including, but not limited to application software, utility software, development software, and diagnostic software.
- Participates in the development of test strategies, devices, software and systems.
- Solving engineering problems (or managing the solution of engineering problems) in the functional area to which assigned.
- Knowledge, skills and experience in the definition and programming of software in a system of systems environment.
- Knowledge, skills and experience throughout the Software Life Cycle.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline is required.
- Job Experience Required Years of Experience:
- Software Engineer Intermediate: Minimum of 5 years within the last 8 years of applicable experience.
- Software Engineer Journeyman: Minimum of 7 years within the last 10 years of applicable experience.
- Software Engineer Senior: Minimum of 9 years within the last 15 years of applicable experience.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Support system and software test planning development, design, execution, engineering evaluation & analysis and reporting.
- Applied experience with requirements & traceability analysis, functional design, integration, interoperability and testing
- Degree in Software Engineering
- Knowledge, skills and experience with developing software for DoD Intelligence & Reconnaissance programs
- Possess strong communication and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of DCGS-A and its’ components
- Knowledge, skills and experience with Java, C#, HTML, JSP, SoapUI, J2EE, Tomcat, Axis, AJAX, Java Universal Network/Graph (JUNG).
- Knowledge, skill and experience with Agile software development
- Knowledge of CECOM Software Engineering Center practices and procedures
- Proficient with MS Office
CyOne is a built from the ground up which is focused on the future with an emphasis on innovation, support & design excellence. Its’ core values include:
CyOne is comprised of a team of highly experienced, trained, and motivated cyber security specialists, software development engineers, intelligence analysts, and technological consultants. The knowledge and experience of our teams spans across multiple intelligence and engineering domains within DoD.
Our team’s in-depth understanding of customer requirements allows our expert systems engineers and software developers to successfully transform requirements and software prototypes into mature capability sets and solutions that are consistently well-received and adopted solutions by our customers.
By being at the “tip of the spear” our team is able to help assess our customer’s applicable needs and assist with defining their processes. This enables our team of experts to successfully forecast, design, and engineer future capability requirements to support global DoD operations amongst our customer base.
Job Type: Full-time
- software development: 5 years (Required)
Security Clearance Required:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply