If you are looking for a challenging position in construction management and seeking professional growth and development opportunities, please consider joining our team. We have an immediate opening for an experienced Resident Engineer (RE) position located in the metro Washington DC area in MD. The RE is to assist the Client’s Project Manager in monitoring and reviewing the work on-site during construction, making field observations and recommendations, and reviewing and inspecting the work, materials, and equipment.
Ideal candidates shall have an engineering degree with at least 10 years of experience in construction management (CM) contracts. Experience in pump stations, pipelines, and wastewater treatment facilities are preferred.
Specific responsibilities of the RE staff shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
1. Perform limited on-site review of all submittals.
2. Review of Requests for Information (RFIs).
3. Review of Contractor’s Construction Schedule.
4. Correspondence: The RE shall manage correspondence between the Client’s Project Manager and the Contractor regarding all construction related activities, i.e., letters, directives, memos etc. All communication shall be documented in e-Builder.
5. Meetings: The RE, in coordination with the Client’s Project Manager, shall be responsible for issuing meeting requests to project participants. The RE shall be responsible for coordinating meetings, preparing agendas, and recording minutes.
6. Document Management: e-Builder will be used as the document control system. The RE shall ensure that e-Builder is up-to-date and that all communication for the project occurs through e-Builder, including correspondence, submittal reviews, meeting agendas and minutes, RFI’s, contractor monthly payment applications, change order documentation, and stick file revisions/sketches.
7. Coordination: The RE is required to manage the coordination of efforts between the Client’s team, third party utilities, and/or the contractor for this project.
8. Change Management: The RE is required to manage the change order process.
9. Review the Contractor’s Pay Application.
10. Reporting: The RE is required to submit reports to the Client’s Project Manager and upload to e-Builder a monthly status report.
11. Testing: The RE shall witness and document in e-Builder tests performed by the contractor, as specified in the Contract Documents.
12. Start-up and Commissioning: The RE is responsible to work with the Client’s Project Manager or representative to review and assist in implementing the start-up and commissioning plan or to augment and coordinate the start-up and commissioning plan outlined in the Contract Documents.
13. Operations and Maintenance Manuals: The RE is required to collect, compile, and distribute approved O&M manuals received from the Contractor for distribution to client’s team for Training/Start-up and Commissioning.
14. Other responsibilities:
a. Periodically observe the placement and compaction of soils.
b. Periodically observe the placement of concrete forms and reinforcement
c. Periodically witnessing Contractor’s concrete slump and air entrainment tests and Contractor’s concrete sampling.
d. Review brick samples, block samples and sample wall panels.
e. Periodically observe placement of masonry reinforcement and grouting.
f. Assist in the interpretation of the construction documents.
g. Review the Contractor’s work for conformance with the Contract.
h. Monitor the Contractor’s compliance with all permit requirements and execution of the project as per the contract documents.
i. Investigate differing site conditions reported by the contractor and provide required documentation and report findings and observations.
15. Post-Construction: The RE shall perform the following:
a. Review and confirm that all punch list items have been completed by the Contractor.
b. Coordinate and participate in a final contract walk through with the Contractor and Client’s Project Manager.
c. Develop a Substantial Completion Certificate and obtain appropriate signatures for entry into e-Builder.
d. Coordinate the completion of As-Built drawings.
e. Review the Contractor’s final pay application and release of retainage request.
f. Coordinate other documents turnover as required. Examples include any sketches/documents developed during the Contract work that may be of importance to the Client.
The company offers excellent benefit package and professional development opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $130,000.00 - $148,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance