Have you ever wondered what it's like to work in a place where people enjoy coming to work and where talent is more important than title?
We’re looking for brilliant and highly motivated people to join our rapidly growing team. This is a ground-floor opportunity for the right individual to join our tightly-knit crew and have a direct impact on the future of our partners and organization.
We’re well-funded and have an amazing team experienced in growing and scaling modern SaaS companies.
Our cloud-based sales quoting platform allows IT companies to fire off beautiful, accurate quotes in seconds. Our disruptive pricing model and automated approval workflows empower IT companies to turn every customer touchpoint into a sales opportunity. Our customers report a significant improvement to their bottom line with more quotes being created with better margins in less time.
Beyond the obligatory perks you'd expect to find at any tech startup (see below), the following is what you can expect life at Quoter will be like:
As a key member of our foundational engineering team of five, you will be architecting, estimating, developing, and testing new features and improvements using an agile development approach. You will be working directly with the founders of the company, who are experienced developers with a proven track record in SaaS.
We’re currently in startup-mode, building out a number of key features necessary for product-market fit over an aggressive 6-12 month roadmap. During this period, you’ll be primarily working with our monolithic PHP application written in CakePHP, MySQL, React, and jQuery. However, there will also be the opportunity to develop new microservices in Go, which we have started to build out with the goal of replacing the CakePHP app over time.
Clean code, collaboration, iterative development, rapid releases, and continuous improvement form the culture of our engineering team. We prioritize team velocity over individual performance. We work closely together and love sharing knowledge to elevate the collective skill level of our team.
Our development process involves two-week sprints, with epics being split up as granularly as possible to parallelize work. We build and ship one core feature at a time, as we believe juggling too many things creates bottlenecks and ultimately slows us down. No individual developer owns any one part of the app – anyone can pick up any task. Collaboration, pair-programming, and peer review allow us to ship faster while maintaining code quality and reliability. And we're constantly optimizing how we work in order to be as efficient as possible.
Our Tech Stack:
- PHP (CakePHP)
- Ruby on Rails
- Docker on AWS ECS with Auto-Scaling
- AWS Lambda and API Gateway (for Go microservices)
- AWS S3/CloudFront
- AWS RDS
We’re a team inspired to work hard every day toward our vision of becoming the industry-leading sales quoting platform for IT Service Providers.
We understand that our success as an organization is equal to the sum of its individual parts – the people behind it. We are committed to providing an environment that you will thrive in. One that is challenging; one that is supportive toward your personal and professional goals; one that is transparent and collaborative; and one that recognizes and rewards hard work. Our core values are the cornerstone of who we are:
- Hunger – Think big
- Agility – Start small
- Transparency – Transparency promotes trust, accountability, and responsibility
- Continuous Improvement – Encourage continuous, incremental improvement of our product, process, and people
- Empathy – Approach every situation with kindness and respect
- Humility – Crave feedback. Be open-minded. Celebrate failure
- Collaboration – Work together as a team. Support each other
- Positivity – Create an environment that is positive and fun. Stop negative behaviour
- Equal Opportunity – All people are created equal in their potential to achieve greatness
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Advanced knowledge of PHP and MySQL using an MVC framework
- Advanced knowledge of OOA/D/P
- Thorough understanding of SOLID principles
- Advanced knowledge of unit and integration testing
- Experience integrating with and building RESTful or SOAP-based APIs
- Passion for solving technically challenging problems in an elegant and efficient way
- Solid grasp of *nix platforms
- Highly motivated to work hard and ship fast
- Passion for clean code and software architecture
- Eagerness to constantly improve and learn new skills
- Exemplary written and verbal English skills
Nice to Haves
- B.Sc. Computer Science/Software Engineering degree, or equivalent post-secondary education
- Go, React or Ruby on Rails programming experience
- DevOps / Terraform / Amazon AWS experience
- Cypress.io or similar e2e testing experience
- Beautiful offices in the historic Marine Building in downtown Vancouver
- Convenient access by car, bike (with bike room), or SkyTrain
- Office features: a bar, fantastic coffee, snacks, food, and a world-class gym
- Herman Miller height-adjustable desks and ergonomic chairs
- New, top-of-the-line Mac workstations with ergonomic, noise-canceling headphones
- Monthly public transportation subsidy
- Training and professional development to help advance your career
- Great benefits package including 100% extended health and dental
Join The Team
We invite all qualified candidates to apply. Please note, you must be eligible to work in the country to be considered for this role and priority will be given to local applicants. We thank everyone for their interest, however, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $130,000.00 /year
- PHP software development: 5 years (Required)