Sanaria is a rapidly growing, diverse, inclusive, multi-cultural, biotechnology company at the cutting edge of vaccine innovation. We are passionate about our goal to eradicate malaria. Sanaria employees are exceptional scientifically, mission-driven, and play a variety of roles in research, product development, manufacturing, clinical trials, and support of these endeavors. We celebrate our diversity and offer a strong benefits package including company paid life and disability insurance, health plans with employee and dependent subsidy, and 401k plan with company match.
We are currently seeking a Facilities Engineer.
This position reports to the Executive VP, Process Development and Manufacturing, and works closely with the Director, Quality. The GMP Facilities Engineer will primarily be responsible for providing technical and engineering support to Sanaria’s multi-product manufacturing facility located in Rockville MD. Our facility is a state-of-the-art facility built to meet the US and EU requirements for aseptic manufacturing of Sanaria’s novel malaria vaccine. The Director of Facilities Engineering will work closely with the manufacturing, quality and the validation teams to develop and maintain the facility in a state of control for cGMP manufacturing. This position will also work closely with the validation engineers to complete ongoing facility qualification/validation and commissioning activities.
- Perform scheduled facility and equipment calibration and preventative maintenance The equipment includes but is not limited to AHUs, Autoclave, dishwasher, Purified water system, CTUs, BSCs, Laminar flow benches, REES monitoring system, BMS monitoring system etc.
- Perform routine facility inspection to ensure facility and equipment are in a state of control for GMP activities.
- Implement SOP(s) and documentation procedures for the facility and equipment scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- The successful candidate will also be responsible for maintaining equipment history files, writing PM and Calibration documents, coordinating outside service vendors and ordering spare parts.
- Complete deviations, change control and other facility/equipment related investigations in compliance with Sanaria quality SOP(s).
Qualified candidates will have a BS degree, preferably in an engineering discipline, with GMP facility experience and clean room experience preferred. Good communication, interpersonal, organizational and customer services skills are essential. Proven troubleshooting skills – down to the component level and proficiency with all MS Office products are necessary. CAD experience, knowledge of HVAC and refrigeration systems and GAMP 5 knowledge are preferred.
Long-term authorization for US employment without sponsorship is required. Sanaria cannot offer sponsorship.
Please send cover letter, resume and required pay rate to careers(at)sanaria.com, subject line “Supply Chain Manager.”. For more information, please visit www(dot)sanaria.com. Sanaria Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision Insurance
Daily health checks by in-house medical staff, social distancing and on site safety measures are in place.
- Supervisory: 1 year (Required)
- facilities engineering: 3 years (Required)
- United States (Preferred)