Pay rate: $43.53 per hour
This will be a union position
The Building Engineer operates and maintains the assigned facility and all related systems/ components. Performs tours of areas and/or equipment as directed by management and required under contract specification. Performs preventative maintenance, service calls, diagnostic services, and incidental, minor, and major repairs as required.
- Gathering and analyzing data, blueprints, and reports.
- Determining facility and equipment specifications.
- Analyzing project costs and preparing budgets.
- Designing and overseeing the implementation of facility expansion, layout, various systems, and quality controls.
- Evaluating operational systems and facility infrastructure to ascertain and improve operational efficiencies.
- Developing processing plans and optimizing resource allocation.
- Planning and coordinating infrastructure and equipment maintenance schedules and activities.
- Coordinating and overseeing contractors performing maintenance activities.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant regulations, building codes, and health and safety standards.
- Preparing reports and compliance documentation.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Certifications:
- Upon hire, successful candidates will need to obtain the required level of clearance through a background check
- Minimum, 3 years of relevant experience
- Building Engineer or Operating Engineer Licesne
- FDNY certificate
- High School Diploma or equivalent
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be physically capable of stooping, standing, sitting.
- Must be physically capable of reaching with arms and fingers.
- Must be physically capable of lifting 50lbs.
- Must be physically capable of climbing ladders and performing overhead work.
- Must have the ability to maintain assigned work hours.
- Must have sufficient endurance to perform task over long periods of time.
Action Facilities Management, INC. (AFM) is a Woman-Owned Small Business and a Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) established in 2001 that provides services to government and commercial clients in 11 states and the District of Columbia. AFM's core competencies are in the areas of Operations and Maintenance, Integrated Facilities Management, Janitorial Services, Security, Emergency Management, and Administrative Support.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $46.53 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability