Summary of Position:
The Project Architect is responsible for designing and managing architectural projects from conception to completion. He/she will apply his/her experience in: field observation, building materials, specifications, construction techniques with building codes, and zoning. As part of a multi-disciplined firm, he/she will be coordinating with MEP, Site/Civil and Structural Engineers, as well as Construction Project Managers. He/she will be responsible for the production of architectural construction documents while adhering to client requirements, code requirements and site adjustments.
- Conduct site visit investigations and generate reports and recommendations based on findings.
- Produce design plans, calculations and reports with limited direction.
- Coordinate with sub-consultants.
- Provide client interaction support.
- Establish and maintain phase and task level budgets.
- Schedule project phases and tasks.
- Schedule production staff and lead them through tasks.
- Coordinate and assist with addendums, RFIs, and change orders.
- Assist in coordinating the work of a multi-disciplined team throughout the design development and contract document phases of a project.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and maintain project files.
- Maintain documentation for billable hours.
- Demonstrate an understanding of liability issues related to design.
- Demonstrate an understanding of constructability and complex design.
- Experience: 7+ years of architecture design and production, preferably with commercial projects such as retail or restaurants
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Architecture required; Master’s degree a plus
- Licenses: Architectural Registration required; LEED a plus
- Travel: Up to 20%
- Software: AutoCAD, MS Office, Photoshop and Adobe; Revit and SketchUp a plus
About the Company:
Core States Group is an integrated engineering, architecture, project management, development services and construction firm specializing in the retail, restaurant, banking, petroleum and fuel cell industries. We stand out among our competitors with our ability to service our clients from "concept-to-keys" and we are able to do it on a national level. Because of this, Core States Group has become the go-to consulting firm for many prominent Fortune 500 companies. As we continue to grow, we are looking for strong candidates with the dedication and drive to lead us to even greater successes.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Architecture: 7 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Temporarily due to COVID-19