Watch your engineering work come to life in landmark projects around the world when you partner with Syska Hennessy Group! As a global leader in consulting, engineering, and commissioning services, we specialize in highly technical buildings and the systems that bring them to life. Our projects span multiple markets and include healthcare, aviation, civic, education, hospitality, high rise office, critical facilities, mixed-use developments, science and technology, government, convention centers, sports venues, and corporate interiors. We are seeking an experienced Supervising Plumbing Engineer/Designer to join our team in Hamilton, NJ.
Our dynamic work environment provides the optimal setting to take your career to the next level. From our supportive culture, diverse workforce, and competitive compensation, to our flexible work schedules and fun social events, it's everything you'll need for an exciting, challenging, and rewarding career.
As a Supervising Plumbing Design Engineer, you will work on a variety of projects, from small to large, in a wide range of market segments and project types, providing a high level of technical leadership in plumbing design. This role will supervise and take a leadership role in coordination meetings and represent the Firm in all interactions with clients, contractors, architects, and other project team members.
- Prepare calculations, reports, and specifications
- Perform system selection, prepare preliminary designs, and create performance specifications
- Supervise and consult with others on the preparation of reports and analysis of system options and conditions
- Produce drawings consistent with client requirements and standards
- Maintain interdisciplinary coordination with other trades and project consultants
- Take responsible charge for the project for the plumbing discipline
- Participate in plumbing trade organizations
- Participate in QA/QC process of completed work by staff
- Mentoring and training junior staff and production resources
- Participate in budgeting, scheduling, and staff management
- Manage Construction Administrative duties, such as field reports, responses to RFIs, processing Bulletins and Addenda, etc.
In addition to your engineering experience, to succeed in this role, you will need a solid knowledge of systems design for various projects with the ability to communicate design concepts via sketches and renderings.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering; exceptional candidates may substitute with significant years of experience
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience in the plumbing design field working in Commercial, Healthcare, and Life Sciences projects
- Experience with the latest version of AutoCAD-MEP, and REVIT
- Solid knowledge of Plumbing design and construction standards, building codes, and drawings/documents
- Detailed knowledge of equipment from various manufacturers and the ability to make proper selections independently
- Certified Plumbing Designer (CPD) Certification is preferred
- Extensive experience in hospital plumbing systems design a plus
As a Supervising Plumbing Design Engineer with Syska Hennessy Group, you will be part of a global firm with an amazing history! We are committed to be the best, to advancing engineering design practice, and to supporting our clients with integrity. To make all of that happen, we rely on the talent, drive, enthusiasm, and the total job satisfaction of the great people who work here.
As a member of our highly collaborative team, we provide you with a flexible benefits package that reflects our respect for your workplace contributions, professional goals, and personal priorities. The personal benefits program at Syska Hennessy Group includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
- Roth 401(k) Option
- Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Health Wellness Programs, including flu shots and biometric screenings
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training and professional development courses
- Professional development incentive bonuses
- Opportunities for community outreach through internal networks
- A Generous Personal Time Off Program (PTO)
- Transit/parking program
- Monthly business phone stipend
- Flexible summer work schedules
At Syska, we have cultivated a community that supports learning and provides guidance for professional development and further our culture of excellence. We promote an environment that is committed to embedding diversity and equality into the core of our business and culture. We empower our employees so they can take ownership for their work and development and strive to continually improve themselves and our firm. We rely on the talent, drive, enthusiasm and the total job satisfaction of the great people who work here for our success! Syska is a place where you can build an exceptional career and have a lasting impact on the world.
Syska Hennessy Group – Creating Exceptional Environments
Let's Work Together!