Tulsa based Sentinel Power Services, Inc., is a dynamic and growing engineering and service company that provides electrical system solutions for a wide variety of major industrial customers in the Oklahoma, Kansas, Arkansas, Missouri, and Texas regions. We perform engineering, design and management, testing, troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, upgrades and repairs, as well as providing required electrical equipment, start-up services and forensic analysis for small to medium sized projects for our clients.
Work is varied, including in-office as well as on-site projects across Oklahoma, Kansas, North Texas, Southwest Missouri and Arkansas. Some travel is required.
Tasks and Responsibilities may include:
- Develop drawings and specifications for electrical distribution systems for large industrial applications in accordance with industry standards.
- Supervise and review system calculations and studies for electrical power systems – load flow, voltage drop, motor starting, arc flash, short circuit studies, and relay coordination studies.
- Direct the development of specific testing procedures and assist in electrical equipment checkout and startup.
- Provide technical expertise, mentoring and support for our other design engineers, field service engineers, and technicians, as well as technical training for our clients.
- Develop technical bid tabulations for clients to support the selection of switch-gear and related electrical equipment, as well as developing bid proposals, project schedules, and manpower requirements.
- Conduct technical and professional review of projects assigned to others.
- Develop solutions for equipment upgrades and for life extension of existing electrical equipment.
- Perform forensic analysis and troubleshooting of new or existing installations.
- Oversee the development of electrical control schematics, one-lines, and some mechanical drawings for a variety of switch-gear and controls applications.
- Occasional travel and overnight stay typically in OK, TX, KS, AR, and MO areas.
- Knowledge of NEC, NFPA-70E, IEEE, ANSI, and other applicable standards, regulations and guidelines.
- Ability to read, correctly interpret, and apply electrical one-lines, schematics, blueprints, and technical instruction manuals
A successful applicant will possess the following:
- A MINIMUM of 3-5 years experience & be a licensed PE with a specialty in Petro-Chemical- Paper-Heavy Manufacturing
- MUST BE WILLING TO MOVE TO THE TULSA AREA IF NOT CURRENTLY RESIDING IN OKLAHOMA
- Demonstrated motivation, expertise, and character that will be compatible with our highly relational marketing strategies and our close-knit team of engineers and technicians.
- Quality-driven customer-focused team-player mentality.
- Continued eagerness to learn new skills, concepts, and tasks.
- Willingness to work in a multi-task environment which demands the ability to quickly adapt to changing customer and company requirements.
- Willingness to perform field duties as required.
- A strong sense of urgency and initiative.
- Ability to be a self-starter and work with minimal supervision
Sentinel Power Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: FULL TIME ----- MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO WITHIN 50 MILE OF TULSA BASED OFFICE
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00 to $35.00 /hour
- relevant: 4 years (Preferred)
- Electrical Engineering: 4 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan