Preferred candidate will have:
Education and Experience Requirements:
- AutoCAD, Capitol Harness/Mentorgraphics, & Catia V5 basic navigation experience.
- Ability to analyze Electrical designs in 3D models
- Experience with writing electrical systems test plans and reports.
- Experience with power distribution, lighting, switching, wire sizing and routing.
- Experience with systems development, layout, logic and wiring diagram creation.
- Familiarity with aircraft cabin satellite communication (Inmarsat and Iridium), security and entertainment systems.
- Familiarity in mechanical system design.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or technical related curriculum applicable to the respective job position
- Upcoming May 2020 graduates will be considered - must have degree prior to starting in role
Bachelor's Degree Engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Entry level. 0-18 months experience.
Position Purpose :
Performs engineering work related to the investigation and solution of basic problems associated with research, design, development, service and manufacture of Gulfstream aircraft.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides technical assistance to engineering staff and contributes by completing discrete engineering tasks on schedule 2. Using company procedures, applies engineering knowledge to resolve routine issues 3. Analyzes and evaluates results of project activities 4. Prepares recommendations for changes and compiles necessary reports for various department supervision 5. Recognizes discrepancies and/or problems with analysis/test results and works toward corrective action
1. Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets customer requirements 2. Continues learning and developing knowledge of application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in assigned field of expertise Perform other duties as assigned.
1. The level of technical skills and abilities appropriate for this grade level will be established by each discipline.
2. Work is closely supervised/monitored, follows established procedures and methods.
3. Failure to achieve results may cause delays in program schedules.
4. Ability to convey technical concepts in both written and verbal formats.
5. Contacts are primarily with direct supervisor, mentor, and other exempt professionals in the group or department.