Digital Infuzion is seeking a highly motivated Mid-Level Database Developer to contribute to the development and administration support of a large federal IT project. The candidate should have a solid understanding of database development and management, and should be able to perform quality control, transform data via ETL processes, debug and analyze code, and work with team members to ensure a high quality end product.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who:
- Has excellent analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills
- Is highly motivated with deep technology understanding, capable of learning and digesting new technologies rapidly
- Has strong organizational and development skills with high attention to detail
- Works both independently and as a part of a team
- Is able to effectively collaborate with a development team, business analysts, and projects managers
- Provide development and administration support for numerous MS SQL databases in a client-server development environment including T/SQL development (stored procedures and triggers), SQL and index performance tuning, and database design and file storage
- Develop and maintain Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) scripts, using MS SQL Server Integration Services, SQL scripts, and ETL schedules
- Develop and implement all database indexing, maintenance, backup, transformations, and stored procedures
- Work with business analysts to fully understand business requirements and convert into appropriate technical solutions
- Provide accurate estimates of effort required to complete assignments
- Conduct reviews to ensure all code passes organizationally-mandated code reviews and audits
- Complete assignments according to the established deadlines .
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in database design, development and management
- Demonstrated knowledge of transactional database and data warehouse architecture, design, and development (star schema, high dimensional model, fact tables, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of relational database’s objects and their functions
- Demonstrated experience with MS SQL Server Integration Services and SQL Scripts
- Familiarity with backup & recovery, performance tuning and optimization.
- Extensive data migration skills and working experience with ETL concepts and tools
- Developing/instantiating conceptual, logical, and physical data models
- Extensive knowledge in ER Diagram and design of logical and physical data modelling
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure.
- Experience working in an iterative software development life-cycle
- Experience in government health care programs
Digital Infuzion, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
It is the policy of Digital Infuzion, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.