**$250 sign on bonus at 90 days**
Maintenance Person/Shift Engineer
Detroit, MI, US
We are a 350 room Doubletree by Hilton property. Our Engineering Department is focused on guest satisfaction, maintenance of guest rooms, upkeep of public areas and improving landscaping consistently while ensuring a robust preventive maintenance program. .
Ideal candidate for the position will be a sincere person with an eye for details always looking for ways to improve maintenance standard and quality of service with an ambition of always growing into bigger roles within the company.
- Responsible to install and repair mechanical equipment in a manner of high workmanship to meet hotel standards.
- Operates physical plant equipment, main energy and utility systems such as low and high pressure boilers, pumps, compressors, elevators, fire com systems, generators, compactor, exhaust fans, reciprocator, absorption, blowers, air conditioners, meters, fuse boxes, control centers and electric motors.
- Works on a wide range of general maintenance problems as listed in the complaint log, verbal, written work order requests, from housekeeping, hotel guests, and management and/or front desk resulting from direct emergency calls.
- Performs preventative maintenance necessary to maintain equipment, guestrooms and all physical plant equipment.
- Handles minor carpentry work and performs repairs to doors and windows, and replaces locks.
- Repairs floor carpets; also paints, spackles, patches and does limited masonry work when needed.
- Performs pick-ups and deliveries to and from properties and suppliers.
- Functions as liaison with outside contractors.
- Troubleshoots physical plant equipment and corrects problem.
- Takes meter readings for electric, water, gas and oil usage on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Installs and repairs telephone systems (wiring etc.), all kinds of hardware, light systems, plumbing fixtures, motors, fans and pumps, H.V.A.C. equipment, etc.
- Installs, repairs and programs televisions.
- Cleans air duct systems, hood systems and air filters.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must have prior maintenance engineer experience.
- At least two years inside of a hotel setting.
- Certifications a plus.
- Must be flexible.
- Must be able to carry 20 lbs or more.
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Vacation Policy
- Education incentive for self and family
- Employee discounts at Hilton hotels world-wide
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 8 hour shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
- hotel maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)