Wholesale Ingredient Distributor
SALES REPRESENTATIVE / BUSINESS DEVELOPER
Are you a dynamic SALES REPRESENTATIVE (we call them “Account Managers”) and BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST? Are you self-motivated? Customer service oriented? Passionate about the sales process? Unperturbed by “No”? And revel in the win after a challenging, long sales-cycle project?
Leading West Coast ingredient distributor, has an immediate opening
Minimum Educational & Work Experience Qualifications:
- Seek, contact and negotiate with potential customers, introducing them to exceptional customer service with an ultimate goal of new & growing sales and gross profit.
- Manage, maintain, and expand existing customer relationships providing relevant industry news and prevailing trends, current pricing, sales, service and issue resolution.
- Work closely with Customer Service Representatives to support each customer and their needs.
- Meet or exceed the budgeted sales, profit, new customer & products goals set by the Sales Manager.
Bachelor’s Degree in a natural science such as chemistry, physics or biology, (or food, nutrition, agricultural, cosmetic or industrial science) PLUS three (3) years of successful outside sales PLUS CA driver’s license (valid) and excellent driving record.
Degree PLUS five (5) years of outside sales in chemical wholesale or distribution industry
Ability to create strong & enduring relationships with customers through effective verbal and written communications, knowledge about specific products and the chemical industry, ability to appropriately read, analyze, interpret and follow through on requests for pricing, product information, and samples.
- Excellent management of details and multiple tasks within time constraints.
- Ability to do routine business math calculations including computation of sales costs, margins and kilo/pound conversions for weight and price.
- Professional, and cooperative conduct at all times, with stakeholders. Professional appearance.
- Passionate about customer satisfaction and teamwork. Expects excellence from self and others.
- Ability to deal with assertive personalities in a highly competitive industry.
- Excellent computer skills for activities such as customer relationship management, checking sales history and order status, obtaining raw material costs, submitting Return Merchandise Authorizations, requests for quotes or samples, completing all reports, and entering survey data.
, Inc. is a growing company with a passion for extraordinary customer service and a firm commitment to quality. We offer a fun place to work, a competitive salary & generous benefits. Normal work hours are M-F 8 am to 5 pm.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Valid California Driver's License + Clean Driving Record
Extremely organized and manages time & tasks appropriately
Above average computer skills
Exhibits a passion for the processes of sales & the actual sale
Friendly & outgoing, ease when speaking with others
Outstanding customer service & teamwork skills
- Integrity is key to success
- Strong leadership skills
- Metrics and goal oriented
- Verbal & written communication in English is key to the job
- Exhibits an enthusiasm for life-long learning, in particular the trends of the chemical/ingredient market, and is generous in sharing that knowledge & expertise with co-workers & customers
- Ability to analyze data & make decisions on analysis
- High level of commitment to team work
- Passionate about serving customers and going the extra mile for them
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with all levels within the organization and external stakeholders
- Sales experience and knowledge (minimum of 3-5 years), as well as, proven negotiating and closing skills
Friendly and fun-loving staff committed to personal and professional growth and excellence.