Senior Controls Engineer
To develop and program automated equipment hardware and software according to a customer and internal specification. Capable of being the Electrical Engineering Lead on a single or single large modules (multiple machines), medium size multi-module custom system, or any size replication project.
- Lead the development of Controls architecture for system and the engineering team.
- Program control systems for cam, servo, and air operated stations, along with test and electrical devices. (Primary Siemens and Rockwell)
- Innovate and use good judgment to incorporate approved and qualified standards and regulatory requirements.
- Research and specify appropriate purchased and preferred components.
- Capable understanding and as necessary create electrical wiring schematics, flow diagrams, panel layouts, Bill of Materials, organize release packages, and update schematics.
- Participate in internal and customer design reviews, installations, and service calls when needed.
- Guide Electricians in wiring and codes.
- Lead Support software validation requirements.
- Provide necessary documentation and support for machinery Operating Manuals.
- Support IQ/OQ and DQ protocols
- Lead efforts to GMP / GaMP requirements
- Work with suppliers to find/develop the most functional and economical solutions to design issues.
- Work under the confines of the project schedule and budget.
- Problem-solve with Mechanical Builders, debug software issues, and update all appropriate documentation.
- Communicate ideas and comprehend information both verbally and in written form.
- Work closely with Mechanical Engineering and Build and exhibit objectivity and openness to others views.
- Follow all policy and procedures to maintain ISO9000 Certification requirements.
- Prioritizes, plans, and organizes work and workspace.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of working and design standards.
- Set and maintain departmental goals in keeping with company objectives.
- Support and participate in Quality Systems Management.
- Make recommendations for quality and cost improvements.
- Keeps abreast of current product developments.
An engineering degree, specializing in electronics, electrical or controls technology or additional 5 years experience
- At least 10 years experience in electrical and software control systems design, preferably in the industrial automation field.
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD and Eplan with the ability to keep abreast of leading-edge technology is essential.
- Proficiency in Allen Bradley or Siemens PLC’s, HMI’s, Servo control, and Electrical design.
- Proficiency in PC based programming such as Labview
- Knowledge of GE, Mitsubishi, Omron, and other Controls platforms, architectures and products.
- Proficiency in Robot programming Epson, Adept, ABB, and/or Fanuc
- Proficiency in Vision systems Cognex and/or Keyence
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lawrenceville, GA 30043 (Required)
- Do you have a minimum of 7 years experience in manufacturing of custom machinery in the automotive powertrain assembly and test, and/or medical device assembly and test for products such as injection pens, inhalers, POC Diagnostics, IV Sets, ...?
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Preferred)
- MATLAB: 1 year (Preferred)
- Equipment programming in Rockwell: 5 years (Required)
- Equipment programming in Siemens: 3 years (Preferred)
- Equipment programming in Beckoff: 1 year (Preferred)
- in programming vision systems: 2 years (Preferred)
- in programming robots: 2 years (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Work Location: One location