Provide technical and creative design and development of products from concept through production for OEM customers. These products should; meet internal and customer requirements, be efficiently produced, be of the highest quality and reliability, have a technological advantage and return a reasonable profit to the corporation.
- Responsible for Mechanical Designs, working on new proposals/new concept ideation, approved projects and ongoing support of products already shipping.
- Creatively develop Industrial Designs (concepts) of new products taking into account functionality, internal component sizes, project scope and cost.
- Track all work related to design, from concept through to production for projects assigned.
- Write Product Specifications that define the product being developed.
- To design, test and develop all new products and work with the manufacturers to assure the tooling and production meets the specification.
- To support Sales as requested to insure Customer Satisfaction.
- To improve knowledge for all technologies that would enhance job performance in Design, Project Management and Engineering. Being the leader of Mechanical design and Solidworks usage.
- To be an integral part of the project development team, supporting all aspects of product development including; reliability testing, product qualification and product design verification
- Provide input for the development and schedule of Products which will satisfy internal customers' needs.
- Assist the project team to assure that the end product is delivered on time, within the target cost and project budget. Report the status of individual project to management and other internal customers.
- SolidWorks; advanced surfacing, (including splines, boundaries, lofts) advanced part modeling and assemblies.
- Strong communication and interpretation skills. Being able to convey an idea verbally and or with sketching. Being able to understand an idea from a co-worker verbally or a sketch.
- Material understanding; plastic, metals and diecast.
- Understanding of the Plastic Injection molding and tooling.
- Some electrical understanding.
- Being able to work as a team, while motivated to work solo.
- Experience with Consumer Products is a plus.
- Creative; form, fit and function.
About AtWork For You™
For over 30 years, clients and candidates have entrusted AtWork to provide workforce solutions nationwide. Our staffing and recruiting expertise in healthcare, professional, and commercial verticals have strengthened our continued relationships with clients from small businesses to Fortune 1000 organizations. Our successful relationships with top professionals in these verticals span from staff to C-Suite candidates. AtWork is honored to be the recipient of the Best in Staffing - Talent Satisfaction Award four consecutive years since 2014. We have all been on the candidate side of a career search and our philosophy is simple. Be kind, always professional, and keep communication lines open at all times. More importantly, never forget what it feels like to look for a job. Recognizing the importance of making career decisions, AtWork's team takes a simplified and personal approach when working with our candidates.
Apply today and discover how we're AtWork For You™. AtWork is an Equal Opportunity Employer.