ARCInternational/Durand Glass is the global leader in custom tabletop solutionsand a leading innovator in glassware production. Wemanufacture tabletop glassware products for restaurants, hotels, home use andvarious industries. Over 1 million pieces of glassware are produced at theMillville facility each day for customers all over the Americas. These high-qualityproducts include crystal stem wine glasses, beer mugs, candle jars, decorativecustom glassware, glass plates, cookware and industrial glass for specialtygoods manufacturers. In addition, Durand Glass is proud to say it has the mostenvironmentally clean plant of its kind in the world! Check out our website foradditional information about our company: http://arc-na.com/
Under the direct supervision of the NPD Manager, he/she is responsiblefor the coordination and development of new packaging including establishingspecs, generating mock-ups, and optimizing, consolidating and streamliningexisting packaging. Works with various internal departments and externalvendors as required to provide highest level and most economic packagingsolutions.
ESSENTIALDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESincluding all other duties assigned:
- Manages the realization of mock-ups by coordinating activities through the various internal departments: Marketing and Sales, Other Arc global sites, Procurement, Cold End, QC etc.
- Follows-up with the development of packaging and provides regular and timely feedback to internal customers and Project Leaders.
- Builds packaging specifications to create the “Technical File”: quantity/quality, blueprints, pallet configuration etc., or obtain it by other departments.
- Provides the data needed for the codification of the packaging components.
- Participates in meetings and communicates internally/externally concerning packaging status.
- Insures, where appropriate, packaging meets “frustration free” e-commerce shipping requirements.
- Attempts, wherever possible, to consolidate Arc NA packaging footprints to create greater purchasing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Troubleshoots new and existing packaging problems.
- Works with manufacturing to ensure that package designs are optimized for manufacturability and packaging machinery operations
- Partners with NA Purchasing manager and Packaging Engineers at other Arc global locations to identify and optimize use of the most efficient and effective packaging materials to transport glass products.
- Assembles specifications, Bill of materials (BOMs), assembly instructions and pallet diagrams (CAPE) into final production specifications for the production floor
- Specify and recommend test methods to validate packaging designs
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong knowledge of packaging requirements to provide or sub-contract product specifications.
- Basic understanding of packaging specifications, SOPs, GMP regulations and packaging testing (ISTA) requirements for CPG Companies, Retail, and dot com customers
- Demonstrated experience creating cost-effective and innovative solutions for transporting fragile products (both in bulk and as finished goods.)
- Interpersonal and team skills with ability to manage packaging projects including understanding the constraints of the different departments involved (e.g. manufacturing, e-commerce), summarizing project status, giving instructions, and coordinating internal and external constituents.
- Effective oral and written communication skills including the ability to present ideas, and/or facts and recommendations effectively.
- Excellent writing and verbal skills. Proficient with packaging technical terminology
- Strong negotiation skills
- Computer skills including proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Excellent follow-up and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage many projects at one time.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’sDegree in Packaging Technology, Design, Science or Engineering or equivalentexperience or degree.
- Sevenor more years with relevant packaging development experience.
- IOPP Certification (CPP) or similar certification as a packaging technician/engineer is highly preferred
- Experience in project-based environment preferred
- Experience developing packaging for a broad range of customers (e.g. direct to consumer/e-commerce, retail, food service, bulk/B2B
- Experience with packaging specification software (e.g. Solidworks, Artios CAD, etc.)
- Advanced PC Skills: Microsoft Office – Word, Excel PowerPoint, Project, Adobe Illustrator, digital photography and file management.
LOCATION: Millville, NJ at Arc America’s headquarter offices, adjacent tomanufacturing and warehouse facilities
This description reflects theprincipal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed descriptionof all work requirements of the job nor shall be construed as giving exclusiveresponsibility for every function described.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 7 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave